Couperwife Posted August 12, 2009 Share Posted August 12, 2009 ok It was only a suggestion as the pressie that I got was rather expensive to post (I read the postage price ) and I didnt want people to be having to spend a fortune for what should be a fun swap. cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ana's flock Posted August 12, 2009 Author Share Posted August 12, 2009 Limiting rules in a witchy Halloween swap... I think everyone should make/send what they want. I can understand where you come from, trying to ensure people don't start going over the top and the whole thing becoming competitive... We all know it has to be posted and soon we'll know where... so if you're thinking of making a huge heavy thing for an Omleteer in the Outer Hebrides when you live in Jersey and have a tight budget, then perhaps you want to reconsider and make something lighter and smaller. We all know our limits (in skill and budget) and can decide for ourselves. ...and (my thoughts here) it's all about creativity - you can't limit that! ...if whoever gets my name decides to do a Hirst and make a model of a life size buff orpington and cover it in diamonds, I won't complain... on the other hand please refrain from cutting a poor chook in half and dip it in perspex! Now seriously - I think we should decide what we want, or in my case 'can', make and send. As long as it's made with love and care, all that matters is the energy we put in the gift. It might be a good idea to read through your 'giftee's' posts to find out what sort of thing s/he is likely to like... (or in my case what are they good at... no point to make a poor effort at patchwork if my person is a mastercraftsperson at it... ) I've had two very different pressies so far and I loved them both. I think this is a great game and look forward to making the next gift. And the essential part: Enjoy! Ana Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted August 12, 2009 Share Posted August 12, 2009 Sounds good ana I do patchwork and would adore anyone's effort especially beginner and I really mean that but wouldn't say no to a perspex chicken Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted August 12, 2009 Share Posted August 12, 2009 ...I just do as I'm told Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted August 13, 2009 Share Posted August 13, 2009 ok , im told I too would love a diamond covered chicken cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheGirlsMum Posted August 13, 2009 Share Posted August 13, 2009 Please can I join in on this one? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted August 13, 2009 Share Posted August 13, 2009 Please can I join in on this one? To join the swap you need to pm Anas Flock as per first post in the tread Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted August 13, 2009 Share Posted August 13, 2009 I've actually decided to opt out of this one and have let Ana's Flock know. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ana's flock Posted August 13, 2009 Author Share Posted August 13, 2009 Sorry you decided to leave the swap Cookiemonster... I hope I haven't upset you - or anyone else, by going against boundaries... I just think we get enough of them imposed on us outside the forum. Plus we're all too nice and polite people for 'THE RULES' ...and it's nice to let our hair down and be boundlessly creative for once. (I'm skint myself so I've got to be extra creative to make something nice without a humongous budget!) Please pm me again if you want to come back... it'd be lovely to have you in the swap. Ana Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted August 13, 2009 Share Posted August 13, 2009 I've got a really good idea for mine now! I try really hard to make things that my swapper will like and look at past posts and things-it was difficult last time, (summer) as the person I had hasn't posted much, but thankfully she liked it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ygerna Posted August 13, 2009 Share Posted August 13, 2009 I have actually got some ideas already but I just hope my swappee and my ideas match Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted August 13, 2009 Share Posted August 13, 2009 If someone stuck their finger in some ink & drew arms & legs on it I'd love it! So stop worrying everyone. I just love anything handmade / homemade no matter how big or little - it has been made from the heart & that to me is lovely. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted August 13, 2009 Share Posted August 13, 2009 Sorry you decided to leave the swap Cookiemonster... I hope I haven't upset you - or anyone else, by going against boundaries... I just think we get enough of them imposed on us outside the forum. Plus we're all too nice and polite people for 'THE RULES' ...and it's nice to let our hair down and be boundlessly creative for once. (I'm skint myself so I've got to be extra creative to make something nice without a humongous budget!) Please pm me again if you want to come back... it'd be lovely to have you in the swap. Ana no no nothing like that at all , I just realised work comittments in september are HUGE with childrens observations etc so I didn't want to be over stretched. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ygerna Posted August 22, 2009 Share Posted August 22, 2009 Do we know who we 'get' yet? Also, another forum I use does this sort of thing. They have a special account set up so that if you need to ask your recipient a question, shoe size, hobbies, etc you can log in on the special account and remain annonymous. Would that be possible do you think or would that simply complicate things too much? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ana's flock Posted August 30, 2009 Author Share Posted August 30, 2009 Hello! Well, the cauldron has spoken and names have been taken out of it, as we've had good weather today, I've been able to dry them out and read them, so you've all have been PM'd or e-mailed and should have your secret person's name and address. Please check inboxes and if anybody hasn't got my message by now, please let me know and I will resend (one* never knows when technology is concerned...!) Enjoy the crafting and making! Love to all Ana * by 'one' I mean this one, Ms Technonumpty here Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ana's flock Posted August 30, 2009 Author Share Posted August 30, 2009 Hi again I've got a favour to ask the group on behalf of one of the members... Obviously I know the person who's got my name as a receiver of gift, which is a bit of a weird situation, because I know who she is and she knows I know (does this make sense?). I don't know how the previous organisers have solved this issue of 'surprise and secrecy', but my idea is that if ClaireG contacts any of you and asks to swap, it's just to keep the identity of my 'craft' person secret. That way I won't have a clue where the pressy's coming from. For everyone's peace of mind, I'm not hard to please and I love home-made things - well, I guess everyone in the 'crafty corner' does! By the way, in a proper and appropriate witchy way, I've used our chosen 'craft' names, so your post-person will have some fun too . Thank you all for your assistance and I wish you a happy crafty time. Love and rainbows Ana to be added to signature Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ygerna Posted August 30, 2009 Share Posted August 30, 2009 Got my recipients details. I'm not nervous at all Got some great ideas so will get right down to it, er when I get back from our one holiday this year. Off to Centre Parcs - Longleat tomorrow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted August 30, 2009 Share Posted August 30, 2009 Got mine too thanks Ana Have a fun time Ygerna, Longleat hold special memories for us as it's the first CP we went to...the only other one is Sherwood !! Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ygerna Posted August 31, 2009 Share Posted August 31, 2009 Got mine too thanks Ana Have a fun time Ygerna, Longleat hold special memories for us as it's the first CP we went to...the only other one is Sherwood !! Sha x Longleat was my first one too We have been to them all now, we went to the Cumbrian one as part of our honeymoon tour of the UK (DD was about 18months old) but my favourite is Sherwood, after that I can't choose between Longleat and Elveden, but one of them. They are all so lovely though, and the scenery is fabulous. wonders if its too late to find her watercolours? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted August 31, 2009 Share Posted August 31, 2009 I've received mine! With any luck I can be super organised and sort out my present before I start college! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheGirlsMum Posted August 31, 2009 Share Posted August 31, 2009 Got mine........oh help! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Helly Welly Posted August 31, 2009 Share Posted August 31, 2009 Got mine and i'm already ahead of the curve for a change. I started mine a few days ago, i'm fed up with last minute rushes Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted August 31, 2009 Share Posted August 31, 2009 Got mine thank you! Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted August 31, 2009 Share Posted August 31, 2009 I'm waiting for inspiration to strike. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BarbaraJ Posted September 7, 2009 Share Posted September 7, 2009 lol i've done mine but have no idea what the date to send by is? I'm off on holiday soon so thought i'd get early start lol also trying something new! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...