Valkyrie Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 That's a lovely poem. Yep life's too short. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 Lovely poem - and I must admit to always thinking whilst I'm cleaning up, that its only going to get dirty again.... I love the joke as well and its so true Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 Wonderful. Couldn't have put it better myself. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 I love that . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Staffordmum Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 I have a routine of sorts.................. Monday - Roomba kitchen,dining room, hallway & mop those rooms Tuesday - Roomba Living room, mop & dust Wednesday - day off, its been a busy week so far Thursday - Roomba kitchen again Friday, Roomba living room again,de scuzz downstairs loo Weekend - Roomba bedrooms, & upstairs bathroom I simply LOVE that routine Please tell me some more about the Roomba - it's at the TOP of my wish list (now we have a WIR!). Fingers crossed, I might just get one for Christmas/Birthday ... Rgds, Pat Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yorkshire Pudding Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 Please tell me some more about the Roomba - it's at the TOP of my wish list (now we have a WIR!). Fingers crossed, I might just get one for Christmas/Birthday ... Rgds, Pat Life's most essential gadget - it's an Omlet must-have! It really keeps the dust down - we have wooden floors and a log burner, so without Rover the Roomba doing his rounds every day while we're out, the place quickly gets very dusty. He gets under the furniture and picks it all up for me. I blitzed the kitchen this morning and even got dressed before I did it... but I didn't get dressed 'to shoes' - never wear them in the house, they scratch the floors and track in muck! And I haven't 'fixed my hair and face' - no-one's likely to see them unless we go out this afternoon. So far: emptied dishwaher, wiped benches and sink, sorted out the freezer which had defrosted itself (and most of its contents ) made drinks for everyone and OH's sandwich for his lunch, loaded washer with first wash (good drying day today), let out and fed the hens, taken Rover upstairs to hoover, then got breakfast for me and the kids and sat down at the computer. First lot of pegging out will be done by the kids I think - bribery necessary though! Next is a four hour stint of work on our timetable for September (a horrendous job but thre doesn't seem to be a piece of software that can do it any better. It takes three weeks minimum if all the info needed is available). So I'd better go off Omlet or I'll be posting instead of working! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 must agree the roomba is definitely a must have! I haven't had mine long and wouldn't be without it again. It's great being able to get on with other things while it vacuums away Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 (edited) packed lunches and breakfast take children to holiday club paint boys room, the white (grey) bits (as much as I could in the no children time anyway unload dishwasher reload put washing away feed chickens and quail (collect children I spose) man giving quote for carpet cleaning coming round vacuum hall and stairs clean stove move stuff across from big fridge book jabs with nurse change our bed quick bathroom clean coffee! bake cake get crb forms verified and signed print out dog poo signs put bins out Edited August 11, 2009 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 I adore my Roomba, Scuttle, & was bereft when he was out of action recently. He is scuttling away in the living room as I type Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 on my lists is I talk about bobski thats my roomba I really want a scooba too now Just fo the kitchen diner Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 Bronze, what have you done I've just looked up the scooba as have never heard of those (we had a cheap version of the Roomba but its packed up) and now I want one Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 our roomba is called Kryten i want a scooba too... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Staffordmum Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 I WANT ONE !! Just think of all the things I could be doing ... Pat Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 I want one too *stamps foot* Anyone lend (or give) me £300???? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Helly Welly Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 The thing with flylady is you need to adjust it to your situation. I don't get dressed to shoes every morning but i do swish and swipe. I don't religiously follow the cleaning schedules as some of the jobs don't apply to my home but i plan my week on a Sunday and spread the jobs out over a week. If something unexpected happens i either carry jobs over to the next day or leave it for that time. Today i did my weekly once over - hoover, dust, empty bins, strip beds + scrubbed worktops + dishwasher + cooked dinner I ran out of time to clean the front of the kitchen cupboard doors as i took DD into town so i'll do that tomorrow. No single job took over 10 minutes and i sat down inbetween. I can manage it fine but then i don't work Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 I am giving this a go, just started today and so far so easy! But, what is swish and swipe? I imagine its dusting and wiping? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 If it were me I guess I'd swish the duster and swipe the ornaments off the shelf, thus smashing on the floor. There, no more dust collectors. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 well I'm not going to finish todays lis but I did manage to do a few other bits instead. Tomorrow I'm off uniform shopping so wont get much done Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jlo Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 This is really sad but it is my birthday next week and I have just asked OH for a Roomba My only slight concern is that we have a lot of stairs in our house so do those of you who have one think that it will cope with not falling down them. It says that it can sense the edge but my OH doesn't believe me when I tell him that. He has however said, "Buy it!" Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 yes it does have a sensor and senses the stairs, mine hasn't fallen down them yet Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 But you will have to do the stairs separately I believe. Coo, that would be a nice pressie. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 yes that's true you have to do the stairs separately but apart from that it's fab! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 I think I could live with that too! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Helly Welly Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 Swish and swipe = swish round the toilet with the loo brush, swipe over the mirror, sink, window sill and loo seat. And yes, i know loo brushes are unhygenic but i keep mine in it's holder filled with water and loo cleaner which is changed at least once a week. I swish and swipe after doing my teeth, hair etc and it just takes an extra couple of minutes so i don't even notice i'm cleaning now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted August 11, 2009 Share Posted August 11, 2009 Thanks Helen, will swish and swipe tomorro Jlo, i am sooo jealous Lucky lucky you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...