The Dogmother

Pet insurance

hmmmm I@m still not convinced on pet insurance. Money Saving Martin recommends self insuring and I guess that is what we have done with the cats. Yes Honey's accident cost us 2k BUT she is about 15 and this is the first time we have paid out for her. Also Poppy's bills were several hundred but again she was 19 and had cost little over the years.

Now we have Mille - we are talking about properly self insuring - actually putting the money away every month into a special account. Her breed doesn't seem to have hereditary problems

I think MoneySavingMartin recommends making an informed choice based on all of the facts :-) Like almost all types of insurance, it's a bit of a gamble and you need to weigh up the benefits and the costs to you personally...

Chris' brother and wife used to self-insure their cats - putting aside an amount of money each week into a separate account. When they moved house they used it to pay the solicitor's fees :-)

Rob