Thanks all, he is a total sweetheart and already seems to have grown loads.

He has taken to joining us in bed just at waking-up time for a morning cuddle - he gets up very quietly and waits for us to stir before purring and cuddling up. Very sweet. He also likes to carry his toys around like a dog, often appearing with a Stickle Brick in his mouth.

I'm afraid Mostin has beaten you all to it - she and ShaunW had first snuggle the other evening. :wink:

Yes :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: ,

I can testify 1st hand that "little" :roll::lol: Angus is adorable. I couldn't keep my hands off him. I think he was exhausted after OH and I left.

he plays very differently to other cat's I've known, quite dog-like with his carrying things around, it's just sooooooooooo cute to watch.

OH was asking lots, and lots and lots of questions about Maine Coons :wink: .

Mwaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Hope he doesn't read this thread :anxious::anxious::anxious:

Tee hee, the plan is working....... :wink:

TBH I think Maine Coons are a very good advert for their own breed, they're so people-friendly. They're also less likely to cause allergic reactions. My sister and niece stayed with us for a week - both get allergic reactions to cats, including their own :roll: - but neither of them had a reaction to Angus and he cuddled them a LOT.

Tee hee, the plan is working....... :wink:

TBH I think Maine Coons are a very good advert for their own breed, they're so people-friendly. They're also less likely to cause allergic reactions. My sister and niece stayed with us for a week - both get allergic reactions to cats, including their own :roll: - but neither of them had a reaction to Angus and he cuddled them a LOT.

:shock::shock: Nooooo! Don't tell me that! I'd love a cat, especially one like a MC but have ruled it out because I react to long haired cats. :think: Wonder if OH would consider a MC rather than a golden retriever? Would he notice the difference? :twisted::lol:

Angus is rather gorgeous by the way! 8)

The DSs are working on teaching Angus to 'high five'. He seems to be responding too, though not always.

He copies what we do, like sitting on the loo (with the lid down at the moment, when he tried it with lid up he got a bit of a shock :roll: ) though he hasn't used it properly so far 8) . If we could teach him to flush, that would be a bit of a bonus.

He likes to do what we are doing - so if I'm writing I give him something pen-shaped to play with, otherwise he pinches mine. If he needs a brush, I give him one brush to play with while I use the second on his coat. He also likes to press buttons on the laptop keyboard, but his spelling is terrible.

He does play fetch, too, he brings toys back to be thrown over and over again.

Oh and he quite likes baths, although he doesn't much like being blow-dried afterwards!

OOhh - Alfie is a pen pincher as well, especially when I am in the middle of using it :evil: . Not a good idea when it is an important form! :roll::roll:

And I never bother blow drying mine after a bath, a good cuddle in a towel is all they need and they do the rest themselves :wink: Infact he has to have a proper bath next week for his show in Leigh on the 26th, good job he doesn't mind............ :D:D

A quick update!

At four and a half months, Angus now weighs about 8lb 6oz. His tail is so long that it drags on the floor behind him (or waves ridiculously in the air like an animated, orange feather boa).

His ears are huge and his paws massive, especially when he sticks them in your face at 5am :? . But he is such a cheeky, chatty, lovable affectionate furball that we can forgive that!

He is still into toilets, and will stand with both paws on the rim of the bowl and watch when we flush away his 'leavings'. He likes to use his litter tray then dash to the toilet to watch the flushing process. Given half a chance he would like to stand with paws on the rim while any of us humans uses the loo, you have to shut him out of the bathroom. On odd sleepy mornings when we have forgotten, he has made it in and then stood watching at very close quarters. We have also seen him get up onto the seat and balance there - we are now seriously talking about toilet training him! :shock::roll: We have to be careful to keep the lid down on the loo to prevent any accidents with him falling in.

He will be at the Yorkshire Cat show in Doncaster on 24th October, the first time I have ever shown a pet at any kind of show... just to see what happens. It may be my first and last show, as if he doesn't like it, we won't repeat the experience. However he loves people and attention so i can imagine he will love it. Watch this space!

Sounds like you're having a blast.

I remember my grandma telling me about one of her cats, before I was even born, going to the loo, on the loo :shock::lol: . He trained himself, just copied the humans, so maybe Angus will just do that and take the next step himself?

Very exciting about the cat show :clap: , I'm sure he will love the attention :D .