Imogen

Pink Drinks

8) OK - this is a bit of a silly post but still...

It's just over a week until my 16th birthday now, and just a few weeks until my party. I'm having a pink party this year :oops: Pink limousine, pink balloons, pink presents, all my friends are dressing in pink...you get the picture :shock::P

Anyway, I was hoping to have some pink drinks, and so far I have pink champagne and pink lemonade. Just wondered if anyone has any other suggestions for pink drinks, preferably not alcoholic, because I think the champagne will be enough!!! It seems very hard to think of any more pink drinks (or indeed food) but I would b grateful to any suggestions, because there will be a half hour wait before the limo arrives and so we were all going to stick into some drinks and nibbles!! Sorry for a silly post :D

Hi Imogen,

I went to a Pink Champayne party in April, and it was brilliant. We all had to wear pink and eat pink food and drink pink drinks. We had a very pink time!! You can buy plastic pink champayne glasses quite cheaply. I got mine from Sainsbury's.

We used food colouring - you might want to check this out first though, not sure of the naturalness of it (?) - but adding a drop of red to your food and drinks works perfectly for a bit of pinkness!

Your party sounds great - and a limo too (is it a pink limo?) you lucky devils!

Sweet Sixteen at last :wink:

We will definalty want to see pic please!

:lol: Great ideas there!!!

And erm yes it is a pink limo - VERY pink! The number plate says Miss Hot Pink on it too!

I think I might be getting a chocolate fondu for my birthday so I could always have pink marshmallows and strawberries to dip in it!! Great idea about the pink champagne glasses! And food dye! I'll give it a go :P

Blackcurrent juice added to lemonade, tonic/soda water or more interesting things if allowed should fit the theme.

You could also try old fashioned home made fairy cakes. Add pink food colouring to the sponge mix and have pink icing with those little silver balls on or pink sugar flowers. I find fairy cakes disappear very fast when teenagers are around - even the supposedly sophisticated 19 year olds :wink:

Have a great time :D

ps - best thing apparently at my son's Cambridge Ball was the chocolate fountain - I'm sure you can hire them.

oh yes! I stationed myself by it for most of the night!! Stopped me getting too drunk anyway! Strawberries, marshmellows, grapes, bits of pineapple, melon etc, and long wooden skewers...stab the object of your desire and stick it under the fountain until it is coated in delicious chocolate....I tried to persuade hubby to take a shower under it, but he declined!!

Oh Imogen I am soooo jealous. Having a pink 16th-what a fab idea. When it was my 40th I made pink food and drinks too.It's my fave colour. Mine was a fancy dress party so I came as a PINK Fairy with a wonderfully pink wig. What are you wearing and where are you going in your limousine? I've never seen a pink limo before. Please post photos.

:lol: Wow all these ideas are great!! In answer to your questions, I'm wearing a blue denim mini skirt, a pink vest top and a pink shrug and pink sparkly stilletoes :oops: The limo is pickin gus up and taking us for a 2/3 hour cruise around London and then back to a really nice restaurant where me and my friends will eat. We're all bringing along our favourite CD's to play in it too!! We just had such fun in the limo before the prom, that I thought it would be great to do it all over again. Plus, I found the pink limo when we were looking for a black one for our prom and I really wanted it but all the girls said it crashed with their dresses and you can imagine what the guys thought!!!

If you want to check out the pink limo, the website I hired it from was www.bluemoonlimos.com and the picture is on the home page!! I didn't hire the huge hummer/jeep thingy (beasue I think that's pretty ugly) so I modestly went for the 8 seater, which is the one closest to the camera!!

Wow, Imogen, that's pink :shock:

Sounds like you'll have a fantastic time.

My Imogen had a sleepover for her 12th birthday, and we made pink non-alcoholic cocktails for them to eat. I think their favourite was a strawberry colada. The recipe I used was 1 doz fresh strawberries, 8oz pineapple juice, 1/2 oz cream of coconut. Blend all ingredients with ice, and serve. It looks good if you dip the rim of the (empty) glass in lightly beaten egg white, then immediately into sugar, because it gives you a pretty sugary edge to the glass. Serve with fresh fruit garnish, wacky umbrellas & straws etc.

Another recipe I tried was

tropical 36

1/2 banana, 1 doz fresh strawberries, 8oz pineapple juice & 1tsp sugar. Blend all ingredients together with ice, and serve. I think the girls liked this one too, but I seem to remember finding it a bit sweet, so I'd suggest make it before adding the sugar. If you think you do need the sugar you can always at it at the end, just give it a quick extra whizz to mix it in before serving.

I think grenadine is non alcoholic it is the fruit syrup you put in some cocktails the bottle I have is definitely non alcoholic I have only ever put it in orange juice (with a slug of rum) so I don't know if it would stay pink mixed with say lemonade I will try to remember to try it tonight and report back 8)

What are you insinuating Gina :shock:

Just because someone handed me a 1.75L bottle of Barbados rum this morning having come back from holiday (I paid for it :lol: ) doesn't mean I will head straight for the drinks cupboard stopping in the kitchen to try it in lemonade as well :oops:

Actually it does but the rum is too good quality to put in a rum punch but having it will remind me to try out the grenadine. Just type quietly in the morning chaps I could have a sore head :oops:

Just because someone handed me a 1.75L bottle of Barbados rum this morning having come back from holiday (I paid for it :lol: ) doesn't mean I will head straight for the drinks cupboard

Are you trying to convince me or yourself Louise :wink:

(We are huge 'Havana Club' rum fans here, but will glady give the original Barbados type a try)