Ladylucan

Bigger Eglus

I have had to sell my beloved Eglu due to the fact that i loved my chickens so much i had to get more!!!!, unfortunately i was unable to afford another Eglu, and second hand ones are like gold dust, so the only other option was to buy a Chicken House.

But it is not the same, its not built no where near as nice, and i worry about them being cold etc,

Has Omlet got any plans what so ever about building a bigger house at any stage, ( so i can start saving now!!!),

I am absolutely gutted that i have had to sell it, especially seeing as it is still in my garden and not been collected yet. and every day i look and wish i could have kept it

Plus as well i feel that i shouldnt be using this forum any more as i am not an Eglu owner any more.. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Any ideas on this?,

Regards

xxxxx

Sorry you've had to sell your eglu - but please don't go! You are still an eglu owner at heart! :wink:

But somewhere else on the forum there has been talk of a Mark 3 eglu which may be in the design stage, which should be bigger. I've no doubt one of the others will be along soon to give their thoughts on this! :roll::lol:

There is chat of the arrival of a Mark3 next year, which I assume will hold more birds, but this is pure speculation!

Please don't feel that you need to avoid the forum, just becuase you had to sell the Eglu - that would be like being punished for loving chickens too much! :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I sold my eglu earlier this because I wanted more hens now I have six! I do miss the eglu though because it looks really cool and it's very easy to clean! And I've got my first Omlet T shirt! GNR:lol:

Thankyou all so much, it is so nice to feel so wanted, the Eglu finally went before Xmas, it travelled up to Bradford as a lady there is giving it to her 13yr old daughter as a xmas pressie!!!!!

Am so glad to hear that the Mark 3 may hold more chooks, but the problem is how many, i am now up to 9, .

Thanks again :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

xxxxxx

I would love to have more chooks, its not the size of the eglu that;s the problem, but the run. I know we can buy extensions, but the cost of it all is a bit mad.

Trying to downsize doesn't include all of the omlet type expenditure. Just wish it was a bit more sensibly priced.

OK, going away now, before someone belts me over the head :shock:

I agree, most of the stuff from Omlet is very expensive.

But you could make a big run like we did very simply. All you need is some chicken wire, some big posts-ours are black plastic with and metal bit at the bottom which goes in the ground and they were from Mole Valley, if you can't get hold of those you can just use bamboo canes. And you need some cable ties, these will fix the chicken wire onto the posts.

Hope that helps, we've done it and it works quite successfully. We also made a little gate for us to go in the run and the chickens to get out of.