chick wiggle

My new babies ***all grown up***

I love them all, but have the softest spots for Chickpea and Noodle :D

Glad you are OK now Sandie :D

Thanks SC. I dont want to unwarrantedly get your sympathy, although much appreciated, I haven't been poorly (touch wood) just a horrendous couple of weeks at work, 12 and 15 hour days, up at 4am and 5am etc, just been dog tired. work seems to be slowing down for xmas now, so hopefully will get a few days off.

I love them all, but have the softest spots for Chickpea and Noodle :D

Glad you are OK now Sandie :D

Thanks SC. I dont want to unwarrantedly get your sympathy, although much appreciated, I haven't been poorly (touch wood) just a horrendous couple of weeks at work, 12 and 15 hour days, up at 4am and 5am etc, just been dog tired. work seems to be slowing down for xmas now, so hopefully will get a few days off.

Still we have missed you :D

Make sure you get your rest, I know how exhausting working long hours can be. Sending restful hugs ((Hugs)) :D

Lovely picture CW, I love that one when they are climbing the ramp, and when they are taunting the big girls through the fence :lol::lol::lol::lol: .

Baby and Noodle are my favourites with Pickle a close second I think. But I'll prob change my mind again next week with the next photos :wink: .

Well, normally, when I let the big girls out to play, the babies are allowed into the big run and really enjoy it. i have also allowed the occasional big girl into the babies run and all seemed fine. So, yesterday, I thought right, I let the big girls into the garden and then opened the door for the babies to go and join them. They did, and all went well, as you can see from the piccies. Apart from the occasional bit of interest from a couple of the big girls, it went better than I imagined.

So, when it was time to get them back into the run ( which went surprisingly well) they all mingled together and ate their supper fine.

I was thrilled and had visions of them all living together happily ever after.

Oh how stupid of me! Today I let the babies into the big run and after a calm 10 mins, all of a sudden Blossom attacked Sweetpea and then Angel and there were white feathers everywhere! Sweetpea and Angel made a dash for their part of the run, quickly followed by Pickle. I caught Noodle and Baby and popped them back too.

Is it a case of 1 step forward 2 steps back or should I just leave them as 2 seperate flocks.? Is it too soon to give up?

Just realised how long a ramble this is, but opinions or ideas would be most welcome.

Heres some piccies to make up for it :D

Angel - forever the poser

DSCF0026.jpg

Pickle and Sweetpea

DSCF0028.jpg

Baby

DSCF0037.jpg

Noodle

DSCF0044.jpg

And look, they were fine yesterday all happily in the garden! Although I suppose they did sort of stay in their own little groups.

DSCF0056-2.jpg

I'm still in love with your chickens.

They'll stay in their groups in the garden for ages. Mine still do. I would say persevere in the run but have a water pistol ready but it wouldn't be kind in this weather. Why not carry on with the mingling in the garden for longer and introduce food in the garden so they can run away easily. :D

I reckon keep going you are doing fine. :D

I can see me sitting on that chair sipping Pimms. The others can have the wall :lol:

Thanks Plum. I can often be found sitting on that chair with a pimms or more likely hot chocolate in this weather :lol:

I dont let the babies in the garden very often because its so wet and poor little pickle is hardly half an inch of the ground as it is :roll:

I think i probably started too soon and should wait till spring. It was just that I had this week off work. I probably will persevere with short bursts of mixing in the run and maybe pop Blossom into solitary if she does it again :wall: