chick wiggle

My new babies ***all grown up***

Bit of a shock this morning. Let the chicks out and then let the big girls out and lo and behold out comes Baby - from the cube! I was at work late yesterday and so not there to see them to bed. I just closed the doors when i got home. I was a bit worried at first but Baby seems none the worse for the experience.

I think i will make sure she goes in the eglu tonight with the other babies though. I think the big girls are too big for her to be in there plus theres 11 of them! Also, the babies need each other for the warmth in this weather!

Scary though :roll:

Heres Sweetpea again after her Ukadex spray :vom:

DSCF0003-1.jpg

Noodle looking decidedly unhappy about it :(

DSCF0018-1.jpg

Baby however doesnt seem fazed by it at all :D

DSCF0017.jpg

Dora, one of the biggest with Pickle, the smallest, sharing their food :D

DSCF0021-1.jpg

And a shot of everyone mixing happily together - well most of the time anyway :anxious:

Can you spot Pickle? Shes so tiny I always have to search her out :lol:

DSCF0001.jpg

Ooh hide and seek - I guess back near the formerly white silkies! :lol:

Noodle does look miffed. :lol:

But they all look quite happy there (in spite of the spray). Baby might be accepted with the big girls because they all smell the same now. Since I sprayed them all there hasn't been any fighting at bed time when we move the little ones in - they just dive under the big girls bums (a couple of surprised oohs and then it all settles).

This morning I didn't have to carry the pekins back to their run - the big girls followed me back up the top and so the babes had first pick at brekkers. Nice clean t-shirt remains a nice clean t-shirt (so far). I am waiting for that moment of peace and tranquility at night when they all go in the cube run by themselves without squabbling.

Well done CW they all look very content together. :dance: Lovely set up :clap: Dora is a big girl, she would scare the pants off Sir Minky. :lol: I always get a kick out of seeing the hens share a dish of food without pecking at each other. :D Just proves though that we should just let them get on with it. :roll: Watch her to see what she does tonight, chances are that she was quite happy to settle and snuggle with the big girls.... Poor little Noodle does look fed up. :( Just love their names. xx

Awww bless, they look well impressed with their new hair tints :lol::lol::lol: .

You might find all of them pile in together into the cube in the end. See how it goes. Mine prefer to all cram in together, and if they stop pecking each other i would let them get on with it, they will be nice and toasty :D .

Well, just come in from seeing them all off to bed and Baby got it right tonight :lol: She just toddled up to the eglu with the other 4 :roll:

Im not sure about them all pileing into the cube though, that would be 16 altogether :shock: Im sure it would be a bit much for them, especially if we do ever get any summer :roll:

:D

I must admit it does give me the biggest thrill when they are all together and like you said Shirl, when they are eating from the same feeder together its lovely.

The Ukadex smell is fading a bit now, only in the run though, the poor girls still smell, so we are still on cuddle rationing :(

Ok, if your sure , I will keep updating :D

Whilst playing in the sunshine this afternoon, i thought i would finish off this thread with a few last photos of the girls now they're all grown up :D

Noodle started laying on monday and today, Baby laid her first egg :dance:

They are around 24 weeks old now and mix completely with the big girls and can hold their own and manage to get their fair share of the treats too :D

Pickle, although the smallest, is not fazed by the biggest girl and wanders around, what Im sure she thinks of as HER run, very calmly.

Sweetpea and Angel are the princesses of the run and will wait on the table for me to hand feed them their corn whilst all the others go running around scrabbling for theirs :lol:

Sweetpea, Angel and Pickle with Baby just wondering out of shot

004-4.jpg

Noodle

002.jpg

Baby

001.jpg

Oh please don't stop posting photos, I love looking at these little girls. And now we could do with photos of the eggs too please! :lol:

Ohh... errr.... well.... we had them hard boiled with a salad for tea an hour ago. :oops::lol: Delicious they were too :dance:

No doubt there will still be pictures on other posts but i thought as they are really no longer babies (well except to me, they will always be my babies :lol: ) these would finish off this thread nicely :D

Wow! wait till I show Minky that photo of Noodle he will be soooooooooooo excited. :lol:

They are lovely all of them. :dance: We will all miss this thread it has been great to watch your babies grow up. I'm sure we have not seen the last of them though. :lol: Thanks for all the time you have spent keeping us all entertained. :clap::clap::clap: They are a credit too you. :clap::clap::clap:

Well done to those girlies on their egg laying debut. :dance:

Awwwwww, all growed up *wipes tear away* time goes sooooooo fast.

they are so beautiful and a credit to your chicken mummy talents. I'll be keeping an eye out for more photos in the future even if they aren't on this thread.

Please tell Noodle that i have been checking out photos of Minky on facebook and he is a very handsome chap indeed with a garden to die for :lol::lol::lol: , she has done very well for herself :wink: .