chick wiggle

My new babies ***all grown up***

They are beyond adorable, it should be illegal :lol::lol::lol::lol: .

Such cute fluffy chicken knickers too, I can see why you just had to buy them a new pink house :wink: .

I am positive 5 banties will be fine in there. When I used to have just 7 girls and they had a choice of two eglus to sleep in each night, they would usually all squash into one :roll: , and amazingly there still seemed to be room left :shock: .

Your five bantam ladies will be fine in the (pink eglu) - I have had six bantams in a (green eglu) and once they are snuggled up they only take up about a third of the space! :D

It is the run that you need to worry about with the size. Are you getting a run or is it going in the WIR?

Loving those ickle knickers BTW !

:D

no probs Wild mum, this is a happy thread so happy hellos are allways welcome :D

Em, I have sectioned off some of the WIR for them, their little wooden house is in there and soon it will be replaced with the eglu, it came today :dance:

Aww, but tonight..... normally I am in the run when the babies go up to bed but tonight I was in the house and missed it :( I went down to the run to make sure they were all tucked up ok, I looked into the house and there was only two of them ! :anxious: I desperately shone the torch around the run and found them all squished up in a corner under the nest box!!! :doh: i had to pick them up one by one and put them into the house! I wont be missing bedtime again! :D

Perhaps it's the weather - I went down to tuck them in for the night, closed the door and could hear a little clucking. Looked around and found Squirt at the bottom of the ladder. Naughty little girl wouldn't go in, so just in case the big bullies were stopping her, I opened up the back. Patch and Tipsy had hunkered down and Sioux was standing up at the back - nowhere near the door. In the end DD climbed in and Squirt shot up no problem. :roll:

Well, what a day. After last nights little fiasco, tonight the poor little girls had a whole new experience, but a good one. We got the new eglu yesterday and this afternoon we put it into the run.

Heres Pickle, Angel and sweetpea checking it out

004-2.jpg

They were quite hesitant but we had put their old ladder from the wooding house leading the way up to the eglu so they were familiar with that. They kept going up and then down but finally they all decided enough was enough and it was time for bed and in they all went. And obviously i stayed until i saw them all in, waited 5 - 10 mins till they had all gone quiet, had a quick little peek in the egg port, they were all cuddled up near the door and breathed a sigh of relief.

All is well on fosters farmette! :lol:

Well, its that time again, please tell me to stop when you've had enough :oops:

They are now 13wks old and seem to be growing at an alarming rate, to me anyway! :D

They have settled down into their new eglu home and the run has been completely cleaned out and a dustbath and perchy branch added which they seem to like

Pickle watching Noodle and Baby on the branch

081.jpg

Angel & Baby

068.jpg

Fifi keeping an eye on the young'uns

061.jpg

Sweetpea & Noodle discovering the dust bath

057-1.jpg

Tucking into some nice warm porridge before bed

049.jpg

xxx