gooner.girl

Church Wedding chat.....

My wedding was only last year, so I don,t think it would count, we did our own photos as well :lol:

what - you mean you held you mobile phone out in front of your faces?? :lol:

Phil

My wedding was only last year, so I don,t think it would count, we did our own photos as well :lol:

we did some of our own photos too.. here we are at the evening do...

brad_pitt_jennifer_aniston_jennifer_anistonova_.jpg

8)

Phil

Phil :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, whenever I've seen you I've somehow missed the Brad Pitt (or Jennifer Aniston :roll: ) lookalike thing :wink: . Must be me :roll::lol::lol::lol:

Well, they're both male and white. Isn't that close enough? (Though I have to say the similarities had never occurred to me before either!) :D:D

Phil :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, whenever I've seen you I've somehow missed the Brad Pitt (or Jennifer Aniston :roll: ) lookalike thing :wink: . Must be me :roll::lol::lol::lol:

it's a very subtle similarity... :wink:

Me and the missus have always had a pact that we will stay together - 'til death us do part - unless we get the opportunity for her to hook up with Brad and me to hook up with Jen...

Jen's not "taken" at the moment - but Brad is pretty much fixed-up with old looney-lips, Angelina Jolie... :(

Phil

This is a great thread, but all this talk of rings emabarases me...

As most of you who know me and OH know, we have known each other all our lives, and started "dating" when I was 14 :roll:

So, by the time OH was 19 and working, and I was 18 and just at college in London, we brought our first flat in Cambridge.

We got engaged, as my mother refused to speak to me for weeks: she was so shocked that during holidays and weekends we would be "living in sin", and it seemed as good a time as any, as we knew we would get married as soon as I finished college AND we needed presents to equip the flat :wink: ). I have a family friend who is a diamond setter in Hatton Garden, and he made my engagement ring. 8)

Anyway, to cut a long story short, a year later, OH was contracting and got a job in Newbury, so went to stay in a B&B run by the most lovely couple. The idea was that I would come and stay in holidays, but he very soon realised that their being "church" and in their upper 60's, possibly meant that they weren't going to approve or even allow..... So , we pretended we were married... so I got my wedding ring (second hand from a tiny jewellers in Reading) for £40. Its just a really thin plain band, 22 ct gold.

Jonnie stayed in the B&B during the week for 3 years in total, and we both lived there for 9 months non stop when we first moved down and were trying to find a place to buy.

So, I was wearing the ring for years before we actually did the deed.. :oops:

The really funny thing is that 19 years later, we are still firm friends with these lovely people, who I am sure wouldn't have minded in the least.

I've never had the courage to tell them, so we always have to add on 4 years to our wedding anniversary for them! :oops::lol:

My first wedding ring cost £8 :shock: - it was a white gold band. I sold it back to the same jewellers 4 years later for the same price :?

I can't remember a thing about the second - I've had to erase so much just to stay sane.......

The one I wear now was made to match the shape of my engagement ring. I also wear my Great-grandmother's wedding ring.

My daughter wears her Great great great grandmother's ring 8)