Valkyrie

Snow # Part 2

Heavy snow here this morning, treacherous journey to work :( . Looks like at least 7 inches at the moment looking out the surgery window. A lorry has jack-knifed on the motorway (M74) and the traffic is being diverted through the village (Lesmahagow). Think I'll head home soon if it doesn't improve......one of the docs just got a text to say the high school is closing.

We also have snow all the local schools in the area are closed and it has been about 3 - 4 inches this morning to top what we already had! - its soft fluffy stuf and the wind is getting up so could be nasty - had to cancel dental appt as was about 20 miles away in Huntly and this is second time I have had to cancel :D ( I hate the dentist)

edited to add later on

its been snowing all day and blowing and nasty and not much moving tonight = there were a couple of lorries stuck at the main road as we are at the top of a hill and just off the road and they had to wait for a plough to come and help them out - its horrid day 69 of snow just think tomorrow is 10 weeks of snow on the ground! eek

We woke up to even more this morning and the snow was over the top of my wellingtons this morning and its been snowing all day long - its getting wetter though and the snow is now heavy and causing more problems to roofs already weakened from the last lot of snow - we had no surgery today at the vets as everyone cancelled their appointments - we are 2 miles out of the village. I am really fed up of it now and its day 70 of continuous snow on the ground. More forecast and loads of roads closed but in elgin 20 miles away near the coast and near ali s they say not a flake of snow - not fair

We had no wind and no power cuts thankfully but we had more snow - about 5 - 6 inches since bedtime last night - its now melting and snowy showers but the snow is wet and very heavy as we had to shift it where it came off the roof of the surgery and we have no gutters left from the last time - 4 feet of snow to shift when heavy is quite a feat. The main roads are black thankfully and the side roads are getting there but we needed a tractor to clear the car park