Valkyrie

Snow # Part 2

My front garden is largely defrosted, but the lawn in the back garden is still covered in a thin layer of snow except for where the round stepping stones are, I can see grass round those :D

It is so wet everywhere and my pond is very full. The girls are paddling in parts of their run at the moment so they will need a good clean out and some fresh bark over the weekend if the rain stops.

The heads have fallen off 2 of the 3 giant snowmen that we built in our back garden on the children's snow days :shock:

Our driveway is still covered in ice so I won't be taking a car out yet but pockets of grass are starting to appear where we took the snow to make the snowmen :D

I let the girls out for a quick free range and they found some mud to scratch in and lots of muddy puddles :lol:

Still a lot left here despite the rain but the fields have swathes of green.

No frost predicted, thank heavens.

The lane coming down the hill is running with water.

We've lost quite a few plants in the greenhouse even though it was heated. I've brought in a few dead looking fuschias into the conservatory which now looks like a dead plant creche.

Maybe some will be OK.

The pavements are still quite bad here, its frozen the slushy stuff so people are walking on the edge of the road to be safer!

The garden just has a path down the middle of it where we've been walking but theres still quite a bit of snow :)

We had quite a lot of rain this morning but not for the rest of the day ... the step outside the common room had a few inches of water there because of all the melted snow + rain ... someone has put another slab there for now to walk on :lol:

My snow angel has grass boots. :lol:

The footprints now have grass showing through - paths are beginning to clear where we have not boldly gone where we did before. Still plenty of the white stuff here - it's now easy to see where the houses and trees protected the ground and where the snow drifted into deep banks.

We have had about 2 foot of snow melt overnight with the wind and the milder temperatures - because of the wind so far not much flooding but very wet and now the hens can get about a bit better and the cats can see somewhere to dig a hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very slippy where there is still snow and down the village still great piles of it around the street and you can still not get off the road in places.

DS asked if he could pick me up and take me over to his house to do some housework stuff !! for him as he is going on holiday on thursday so I agreed - well the road over the hill to glenrinnes was abominable - he has an old landrover and after being over great rutted parts of the road and then a real flood when the water was coming over the bonnet I asked to go home - he just laughs at me - I was petrified and then the rest of the road although rutted in places was only single track and NO passing places - thankfully we met nothing - on the way back I made him come a different way as was so scared - he stopped on the hill as he saw something and thought it was a big cat but I had not seen it - as was too busy hanging on for grim death!! The main roads are clear but Glenrinnes its's just plain terrible.

then a real flood when the water was coming over the bonnet I asked to go home .

:shock::anxious::shock:

That is scary!

It was very scary = the water was coming off the fields above the road and thankfully it was not for long but was enough for me!

Thankfully his old diesel landrover has an exhaust which is above the windscreen for just this reason.