Valkyrie

Snow # Part 2

Sounds pretty scarey :shock:

All of our snow has gone now apart from where it had been piled in heaps.

My chooks are filthy today I am sure that they have been mud bathing, the older girls were ok until i let them out into the garden for the first time in a week and by the time I put them away they were just as bad :roll::lol:

I can see more grass now - still some parts of the garden are blocked off - can't get to the veggie patch yet. There are giant piles of dirty snow along the road where the digger has cleared it out of the way. Some reach to Erin's shoulders still. I think they'll take some time to go. Still snow in the fields, although a lot are under water now.

Out the front we have only the huge piles that were made clearing the road. I think most of it looks as though it has gone from the bottom of the garden - just a few bits in the veggie patch out the back. At the top of the garden my snow angel is now a green angel - the snow hasn't gone from there just yet - but that's the shadiest part in winter.

The sun is out and it's a balmy 6 degrees. Got out to one of our favourite dog walks which has been impassable due to snow drifts. Still managed to get thigh deep in places. There's usually a great view of the Langdales from the top but it was too misty to see that far. DH had to leap into a field to free a sheep caught by the horns in one of those circular hay mangers. They are deadly. We once found a dead sheep in one :(

All of our snow has gone, and we took DD back to Exeter yesterday (postponed a week due to weather) when we arrived the sun was shining brightly and people were in tee-shirts (no really) it was warm!!!

On our return journey to Sussex we weathered torrential rain and fog it was truly dismal through Devon and Dorset....

Today has been absolutely gorgeous...I managed to clean out the girls and instead of wishing myself back indoors asap was happy to sit out and have a coffee for some serious chook watching!!!

might have been something to do with my new Tay Muck Boots...never have my tootsies been so toasty!! :D

OH came home this evening and said isn't it amazing how all the snow's gone. Erin immediately came back with no it hasn't! Then he said he meant the roads and pavements. It's nice to be able to walk around without looking like you've done something in your knickers! But then when you get to the mud it's more like sumo! :roll:

Almost all gone today, but still some patches of ice. frost first thing yesterday which wasn't fun, but it made it up to 7deg, so nice for cleaning the girls out.

Dull and warm today and I hear that we're forecast more snow mid-week!

Loads of flooding this away - the Cherwell burst its banks yet again and flooded the other end of town. we went walking in Kings Sutton yesterday and that is very badly flooded. The Boy took some photos, so I'll post them when he emails them over. Most of the rivers looked to be at least 6' above their normal height.

There are still huge piles of snow along the road where the digger piled it up. Most are quite white - others are filthy. There is a huge mound - bigger than me (in height - nothing can be wider :lol: ) at Te$co's. Went to Scats in Sherfield today - still lots around there (Paola - take note - there is a lot of snow still in the fields there too) but Basingstoke doesn't have as much as the outerlying areas. We still have some in the garden - although Kitty has been having a jolly good scratch around in there and hopefully broken bits off to melt.

Very little left here now. Cloudy and balmy here today, 6deg when I left home but the sky looks like rain.

I heard the snow warning too - metcheck (according to a colleague) threatens a severe weather warning with snow for Wednesday, BBC weather says snow showers... which will it be then?

Metcheck don't seem to have got much right lately s i'm more inclined to beliee the snow won't be too bad. Still, you never know!!

I heard the snow warning too - metcheck (according to a colleague) threatens a severe weather warning with snow for Wednesday, BBC weather says snow showers... which will it be then?

It's the other way around here, Metcheck say I'm getting no snow tomorrow, the BBC say heavy snow from 9am-3pm. Now that's quite a difference and actually quite an important one to me because if I drop Georgia off at nursery in the morning then we get heavy snow there's no way I can take my car back out again to pick her up :roll: