Valkyrie

Snow # Part 2

I woke up to heavy large snow flakes at 7am, they had only just started falling after heavy rain and wind overnight. It is still snowing heavily but much finer flakes now and it is sticking which they said it wouldn't on the lower ground around here. the higher ground has several inches and the roads are complete chaos. My ED is stuck in traffic on her way to school with a physics exam due to start at 8.45 :anxious:

We have about and inch of very slippery wet snow and it is still coming thick and fast :roll:

Woke up to the local radio announcing snow in Berkshire and north Hampshire. I looked out and saw - rain. :roll: The BBC also said snow for us - bong - they were wrong.

To be fair when I went outside to sort out the girls it had some bits of sleet but few and far between the rain. Lovely snow photo - that is indeed deep. :D Rather like that dolphin too!

ED arrived at school with 5 minutes to spare before her exam and have just come back from walking YD to school, and the snow is horrible really wet. There is about an inch on the ground on top of loads of water from where it rained heavily last night. YUK my walking boots leak and the snow kept settling on my nose :roll:

Lovely photo OSH !

We're right on the edge of the 'will it, won't it' snow band.............horrible grey sky and a fine drizzle at the moment.

We also subscribe to the 'look out of the window' method these days - the middle of the Midlands gets really rubbish forecasts :evil: I think I might invest in a dollop of seaweed next time I visit my Mum.......to go with the fir cones!