Valkyrie

Snow # Part 2

Lots of snow here. Went to work with DH in London yesterday and came back to it all. No signs of any snow until we got to the Milton Keynes M1 junction. Awful drive from Northampton up the A43. Got to go down our road to find it shut, it has only been reopened in last hour. Tried to go round another way through local village, an artic had tried to go that way, realised itwasn't meant to/couldn't and got stuck. We were trapped behind a gritter and couldn't go forward or back till it moved. Luckily after many attempts it managed to turn round and we were able to get home another way. Several lorries and a coach were stranded overnight in the village.

Snowed for most of the day yesterday, about ankle deep. Driving home from work was not nice as the snow from the morning had frozen. I do hope it melts today but I doubt it as the temp here is -6c at the moment.

There is still a pile of frozen snow in the carpark at work from the snow we had in December and January.

There is still a pile of frozen snow in the carpark at work from the snow we had in December and January.

:shock:

Woke up to another couple of inches of snow, it looks like a foam party out there :roll: Thankfully the Friday snow had melted off the roads and pavements. Chickens refuse to free range in it, so it must be bad :lol: There's bird and squirrel tracks all over the garden. Not sure what the forecast is so must check to see if we are having more.

loads of snow here, got my ski gear on :lol: (not to ski in - to muck out in :lol: )

Road is clear so best of both worlds, able to get out if we need to but lots of snow to enjot too :D

I cancelled a trip to Tasha today cos when I got up there was LOADS of snow...on the roads too......but the sun is shining now and it has ALL gone!! and now i have read that the roads are clear...feel a little silly for not wanting to drive over now :anxious::lol: