Tina C

Nits

Y

DD3 has found a few (6) tonight but our Nitty Gritty comb has disappeared so I need to replace it tomorrow. I am so annoyed! :roll::evil: I thought I would try Cinammon's recommendation of the Tisserand oil if I can find it, too, so came on here to find out what it was called.

Here is a link Ginette.

It is well worth buying - really does the trick,especially when doubled with the Nitty Gritty comb (if you can find it)

It used to be called Hair Wars, but they have renamed it now (just to confuse us all!)

This reminds me that I haven't checked my girls hair for ages & really must do so soon :?

http://www.tisserandshop.com/product.php?productid=939&cat=28&page=1

Thank you so much Cinnamon, that's really helpful. :)

It's the season for head lice (if there is one anymore) and I'm lucky DS hasn't come home in July with them! I hope no-one else has got them and that we have caught them early.:roll:

A good tip is to pour some mouth wash over your head (not your face though) and in your hair then wrap it in cling film and leav it in for 5-10 minutes, its supposed to kill anything nasty.

Have you changed shampoo recently? when i started using dove i found it too strong and it hurt my head a bit so i changed to baby shampoo for a bit! It really works!

If you get a squirty bottle full of water, add 10 drops each of lavender, rosemary and geranium oils and spray your children's hair as they go out of the front door in the morning, their heads will not smell like lice food and the lice won't bother to climb aboard.

I was using an expensive but effective product called Nitmix which is basically combing out with almond oil and the above three essential oils and then preventative measures as above, and it is very very easy to make your own exactly the same. And it does work - my three have all had headlice all at once many times, and me too, and I have long thick hair which is near impossible to comb out.

I must admit I have often just done the easy option, and nuked my head weekly with the most offensive organo-phosphate product I can get, but would never do that to the children, and since using the stealth-smell method they haven't had lice for four terms. Not bad for 10, 8 and 4.

If you get a squirty bottle full of water, add 10 drops each of lavender, rosemary and geranium oils and spray your children's hair as they go out of the front door in the morning, their heads will not smell like lice food and the lice won't bother to climb aboard.

I was using an expensive but effective product called Nitmix which is basically combing out with almond oil and the above three essential oils and then preventative measures as above, and it is very very easy to make your own exactly the same. And it does work - my three have all had headlice all at once many times, and me too, and I have long thick hair which is near impossible to comb out.

I must admit I have often just done the easy option, and nuked my head weekly with the most offensive organo-phosphate product I can get, but would never do that to the children, and since using the stealth-smell method they haven't had lice for four terms. Not bad for 10, 8 and 4.

I used to do something similar Mrs Blue Sky, but my daughter, then much younger felt uncomfortable going to school with 'smelly' hair.

I also know what you mean about the combing. My hair is also thick and long and I have 3 daughters all with long thick hair too. Getting lice was a total nightmare and meant at least two hours of combing every other day. Absolutely ghastly and of course I just don't have a spare 2 hours any day!

I have also tried chemical products and found them to work on DD2 but not at all on anyone else - a total waste of money!