Griffin

I've Been Egg Shopping! *New pics page 12*

Rooting for the little one. :( Fingers crossed. You never know - Egg Lou had a similar problem with her little silkie so helped her out of the shell. Eggy had to bathe her little tummy because it hadn't healed and was quite poorly for some time. You'd never know the way she's so active now and always scoffing everything - and laying eggs!

The Hamburgers are called Pickle and Cheese :lol: Daisy is desperate for a Silkie of her own and has bagsied the blue one (yes BLUE, not cuckoo!) and called her Bellatrix and it had better be a girl! Looks like I really did stuff up good and proper with labelling the Silkie eggs :lol: The ugly partridge and Bellatrix might be Sizzles, we'll see.

Will go take photos of Bellatrix now......

Introducing Bellatrix :D

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

Ugly chick now renamed Bacon by Emily:

IMG_0801.jpg

And the Hamburgers:

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

Number 3 Hamburger is doing slightly better. It's at least trying to stand up. I really don't want to leave it but I have to go to work for a few hours. I hope it's still here when I get back. I've candled the other eggs, at least two are still alive, one has pipped internally and the other hasn't pipped at all. Very strange.

Oh Griffin, they are all truly gorgeous!! What fantastic pictures, they all look like little characters already :lol: Its hard to believe a few hours ago they were inside an egg isnt it? :lol:

I have everything crossed for the little one :pray:

Sha, Im practically just testing the inccy out now for the next time because I really honestly feel these 3 have had it :( But, Im giving them the time anyway, day 21 is friday.

Hamburger 3 was assisted across to the great chicken coop in the sky this morning :cry:

I think that the thermometer in my incy is wrong, it's not hot enough which is why the chicks were late and many dead. Tiger Lily was broody at the weekend but has since changed her mind, but not until after I'd bought six Silkie eggs on Ebay. So with a new thermometer the Silkie eggs are going in later as a test. I've cranked up the heat and have been fiddling with it all day. Obviously if Tiger changes her mind again she can have these eggs but until then I'll use them myself.

Pickle, Cheese, Bacon and Bellatrix are doing well and continuing to entertain us all :D

Awww, such a shame about hamburger no.3 :( Poor little thing.

Hope all the others are doing well :)

Im getting a new thermometer tonight, have already bought 2 hygrometers, the second one seems better tho, hence why I dont hold out much hope for me eggies :(

naughty Tiger lily :shameonu: she was just teasing you with her broodiness, the little minx. :lol:

Had a look at my hygrometer t'other day and its bost! :roll:

New batteries and still can't get anything from it!

With schools incy we just used a 'normal' (? not digital :lol:) ... glass one which was magnified with the holder around the 100 mark and it seemed to work well ... back to basics :D

Good luck with the new one :)

On the whole I've found humidity gauges absolute rubbish. I had three on the go this time, all with different readings :roll: Next time all I'm doing is filling up one reservoir and keep it topped up throughout and on day 18 or 19 plonk a small bowl of water in the other end. That's it, that's as much faffing with humidity as I'm doing. I can't get an accurate reading so the laid back way is the way to go :roll:

Sorry about the little one Griffin :(

The humidity in my inccy is a digital readout but in the hatcher its one of those circular glass ones, it moves and thats enough for me, when it goes to the left I add water and I dont add water when its over to the right, you are right - relaxed is the best way to go! :lol: