Griffin

I've Been Egg Shopping! *New pics page 12*

It's an antique covattuto, visability is rubbish and my technical skills are limited so no webcam I afraid :lol:

The Sizzles will probably all come out normal feathered to disappoint us! Apparently they throw mostly black but a few blues and partridges too. There are four in there so fingers crossed for at least one Sizzle.

I've been cleaning out my two super mahoosive coops, I'm all showered and sparkley clean now and ready and waiting impatiently :lol:

Tiger Lily has chosen today to go broody though so inbetween making tea and watching the incy I'm on Ebay looking for some cheap eggs for her. I did wonder about trying to fool her into taking some of the incy hatched chicks but as today is her first day of broodiness I think it'll be too soon. I know she's stupid but probably not that stupid.

I've been cleaning out my two super mahoosive coops, I'm all showered and sparkley clean now and ready and waiting impatiently :lol:

Tiger Lily has chosen today to go broody though so inbetween making tea and watching the incy I'm on Ebay looking for some cheap eggs for her. I did wonder about trying to fool her into taking some of the incy hatched chicks but as today is her first day of broodiness I think it'll be too soon. I know she's stupid but probably not that stupid.

Griffin I wish you were closer, I'd offer to get some Pekin eggs (like these perhaps http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NINE-Frizzle-Pekin-hatching-eggs_W0QQitemZ270526426954QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry?hash=item3efca1af4a or some blue MF ones, or silver partridge or gold partridge......or any really :oops: ) & ask Tiger Lily to hatch me some babies :( ......mind you I suspect that with 4 little girls in the Pekin Pompom run I will get a broody of my own soon enough :roll:

Come on little "pipper" your Omlet Aunties & Uncles are waiting for your arrival.................. :D(hatch)

Sha x

Still not out, it's made a little hole for itself and is now having a well earned rest. I've told it I expect to see it when I get up in the morning and it'd be nice if it encouraged it's friends to join us.

I bought 6 mixed colours Silkie eggs for HRH Tiger Lily for a fiver, no expense spared :lol: My washing machine died on Thursday, half way through cooking a roast the oven died today so I can't go buying decent eggs :roll: My chum Graham got a Suro for his birthday last week and yesterday he bought some Speckled Sussex eggs on my behalf to fill up the extra space he had left after he'd bought some Wyandotte eggs. As mine and his will now be hatching within a day of each other, or even on the same day, I'll be driving over to his to collect my newly hatched Sussex chicks and lucky Tiger will get to raise those too :dance:

Tiger has disrupted everyone in the coop though, she's as flat as a pancake in the space in the nestbox that Doughnut sleeps in. Not to be deterred, Doughnut is now asleep on top of Tiger :lol: