Griffin

I've Been Egg Shopping! *New pics page 12*

There's just six Silkies in it at the moment but if Tiger does go broody she'll get those and a few others. My stud farm chum put some Speckled Sussex in his brand new Suro today along with some Wyandotte eggs he's bought and Tiger can have the Sussex chicks. He offered to use up the extra space with some Poland eggs for me but I said I'd prefer Speckled Sussex :lol: We both want a pullet and he doesn't want to rear any others apart from his Dottes so it's a good arrangement unless they're all boys :shock:

At home it isn't too bad as I only have 7 & 2 ducks but then at they yard nearly a whole 1 acre full of chicken arks, 2 WIRs, 1 duck paddock, 1 duck run, 5 grower runs & ...I think that's it :think:

Like I said, not that many.

:lol:

Just had a thought :shock: After this weekend picking up 10 new chooks, all the chicks I've got and the next lot of eggs going in then I'm nearly over 100 if they all hatch :shock::shock::shock:

Oh well :roll:

At home it isn't too bad as I only have 7 & 2 ducks but then at they yard nearly a whole 1 acre full of chicken arks, 2 WIRs, 1 duck paddock, 1 duck run, 5 grower runs & ...I think that's it :think:

Like I said, not that many.

:lol:

Just had a thought :shock: After this weekend picking up 10 new chooks, all the chicks I've got and the next lot of eggs going in then I'm nearly over 100 if they all hatch :shock::shock::shock:

Oh well :roll:

That makes my 14 look like nothing doesn't it :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to hear about no 3 Griffin :(

I'll have to take some photos tomorrow for their one week old update :D Mefinks I might have been lucky enough to get 3 out of 4 girls. The Hamburgers are very similar, feathering up at the same rate, no sign of comb growth so whatever they are I think they're the same sex. Bellatrix was born with a big hair-do and Luci says she can sex Silkies as day olds based on their barnets so I'm hoping she's a girl. So that leaves Bacon the partridge Silkie who I think has quite a boyish face. And both Sizzles have Frizzle feathering :clap:

I candled the six Silkie eggs in the incubator tonight and all but one are fertile :dance:

This lot just crack me up :lol: Their brooder remains clean for approximately 30 seconds every day so I took that opportunity for a photo session :D

Pickle waits for Cheese to get her beak out of the trough:

IMG_0816.jpg

Bellatrix joins the scrum:

IMG_0817.jpg

Followed by Johnny Come Lately Bacon:

IMG_0819.jpg

Close up Bellatrix:

IMG_0824.jpg

Pickle dribbling:

IMG_0827.jpg

Bacon doing his fat baby sparrow impression:

IMG_0829.jpg

Cute little wing tips:

IMG_0830.jpg

Pickle is joined at the watering hole by Cheese. these two are inseperable:

IMG_0831.jpg

Here you can see the very different head shapes of Bellatrix & Bacon:

IMG_0832.jpg

Love the look on that Hamburgers face :lol:

IMG_0836.jpg

Sooooooo pretty:

IMG_0838.jpg

Bottoms up!

IMG_0843.jpg

Aww, griffin, they are adorable!!!!! so cute :D What a difference a week makes, look at their little wing feathers! :lol:

Im befuddled now though cos i notice you dont have bedding down yet but others seem to put bedding down straight away. I have mine on j-cloth like you recomended but thought tonight i would put some bedding down now im wondering if ive done the right thing :?

Mine are 4 days old now.