bellekatz

Bettie is not what she seems UPDATED!

Remember my gorgeous Buff Orp chick Bettie?? Well, sitting here looking after my sick teenager I suddenly heard a crow and yes, its bettie :(:( Can't keep him so will now have to look for somewhere for him to go or see if anyone passing can do the deed :(:wink: He is gorgeous but it is a built up area - I'm gutted.

Edited by Guest

Hi i know how you feel both my buffs poppy and florence were sexed wrong by the breeder and after having them for 5 months started crowing i was gonna try and keep them but the neighbours were not keen so i found a farm for them to go and now they have girlfriends the day i took them to the farm you would have thought a family member had died i hope you can find him a new home goodluck leanne.

Hello

I'm in Middleton, Manchester. We have a smallholding and also take in Rescue Ducks, Chickens, Cockerals etc.

If your home falls through I can happily home for life.

More than happy to offer homes to cockerals as we have plenty of room and plenty of girls. and with 18 Cockerals, we know we don't have any problem with Crowing.

xx

Laura

Seems the teenagers have been hearing him for the past few days but never thought to mention it. :eh::eh: They both sleep overlooking the back :roll::roll: I'm suprised the neighbours havent said anything. We do sometimes hear the ones in the park on a still day so maybe they havent cottoned on yet?? Walked the dog early one winter morning and had and owl and a cockeral going at the same time - that was cool!!! :D

If you have a park nearby with crowing cockerels, can't you keep him and pretend it's them if anyone complains?? The neighbours might not mind - mine don't- they tell me they like the sound of a cockerel.

If not, Laura's offer sounds good. Must remember that in future - in case!

Tricia

Bertie has now gone to live with the other boys and girls in the pets corner across the road. The guy was happy to have him, though he is a bit short on girls and is also on the look out for ducks and geese if anyone wants to rehome them there. :D

Am going to take Jack for a walk later to see how he is settling in - left him squaring up to the other cockerals but holding his own!!!

It is so quiet without him :(