Carolinep

Secondary Transfer

It is better in St A though that pretty well all the schools in the area are of a decent standard (compared to some areas)

:) True, but as they are oversubscribed, with some places allocated to postcodes outside St.Albans, it now means that some years quite a number of pupils have been allocated Hatfield or Hemel Hempstead (or Watford if South side).

I'm :twisted: enough at having to go to HH for hospital (& that may be closed) or even cinema. Some of my other daughter's peers were allocated Hemel even though it is quite a distance & we have no natural route to go there for other reasons.

But you're right, there are good schools locally...hence the dilemma, but then it was shortsighted to close schools in the surrounding small towns :roll:

Congratulations Carolinep

I'm glad you are pleased with the school your son has been allocated

I can't believe some of the pressure that people are under with school places

The school Harry is at is very good and the children, are never put under pressure to perform well in SATs etc it is all very relaxed and calm and some of them, probably Harry included, don't even realise they are sitting them. They tend to treat them as special lessons

We haven't heard yet what school Harry has been allocated, I hope we hear today, we are not at home on saturday.

Our first choice school is 3rd best in the area, after the girls high (3rd in the country) and the CofE school, he isn't eligible to go to either of these schools so we will be very pleased if he gets our first choice. Our other choice was a separate application, so I am hoping we will hear about this one today

No! nothing in the post, so a friend rang and was told they are being posted out today, 2nd class so should arrive on Saturday :shock:

karen x

I think that was the arrangement Karen. There was an option to find out today, by registering online, and the decisions were posted after 3pm.

quote]

Thank you, I didn't read the letter properly :oops: and should have registered on line, but the old fashioned side of me wanted to have a piece of paper in my hand with the information on :oops::roll:

We should find out tomorrow :?

karen x

He's in :D:D:D

He is at a feeder school to the school we have a place at, but there has been so much building around here, and we are out of catchment for the primary by about 100yards :? I didn't want to assume and be disappointed.

Here's hoping everyone else gets their first choice :)

karen x

What a good idea Anne! (not we need an excuse do we - hang on, I thought you were tea total!) :D
Not tee total exactly Gina...I don't like beer, spirits or red wine. I'm not mad about white wine really either....but I have been known to force a glass of champagne past my lips ....especially on special occasions such as this!! :lol:

Hoorah

Harry has got into our local school :D

His mission this week is to ask his friends what school they are going to and arrange to meet them to walk to school together

He is on the reserve list for the other school but they had 1100 applicants for just over a 100 places so we don't hold out too much hope

But we are very happy he has his first choice place

8) That's terriffic, Debs. It'll give him a good quality of life walking to the local school with his friends. Is he excited? I know the other school was a long shot, but I hope you don't feel disappointed, Harry will do well anywhere, he's such a lovely boy.

Esther is very excited and wants to walk the route next w/e with her friends, she can't wait! Now, when is it they lose that enthusiasm? I hope she keeps it up, but I know the novelty soon wore off with the older ones.

How have they grown up so quickly, Debs? :D

He is very pleased Sheila

We asked him which school he would like to go to and that was the one he chose

I'm not sure how near some of Harrys friends are to the school, that's why I asked him to find out who he could walk there with

He cycles to his friend around the corner so I am hoping he will walk with him

Sheila, they do grow up so quickly I can't believe he will soon be at secondary school :? It only seems like 5 minutes since he was starting infants

We don't worry too much about those Annie

We just tell him to do his best. His school is very good and don't make a big fuss about them. It has worked so far :pray: