Willow Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 I'm off this afternoon to see if I can have a new lens fitted to a damaged eye which would let me get the other lasered without unbalancing me Last checked 5 yrs ago and was felt to be too soon to take the risk. Wish me luck ! I'm hoping it can be operated on as I would love the chance of good vision without contacts/glasses. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 Good luck! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poachedegg Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 As a fellow glasses wearer and now lens wearer since aged 3.5 with stigmatism - I really do wish you luck! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 Good luck Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 Good Luck - I hope it goes well Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 good luck Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 Good luck Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jlo Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 Here's hoping that it works for you. I really wanted to have laser surgery - it would be so nice to wake up at night and not have to squint at the clock - but my corneas were too thin Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 all the very best of luck, Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 Good luck I would love laser eye surgery but its too expensive. Maybe one day Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whoopsie Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 The very best of luck! I had mine lasered last year and the results are great. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 Good luck, let us know how you get on. I've thought about laser surgery but just not sure, however a colleague at work had his done and the results have been marvellous. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Willow Posted May 7, 2010 Author Share Posted May 7, 2010 All set to go. Because of the damage one eye will have a fixed focal length and I do have to have the other eye corrected by laser or I'd be unbalanced as you can't wear glasses one sided So one eye is covered by my medical insurance. Although it's expensive I think it may prove challenging to pay all of it. OH had an appointment as well to talk about just laser and his appointment should have cost £195 but the surgeon is a friend and halfway home I realised he'd walked us out without directing us back to the desk where we'd pay He's one of the top surgeons for this worldwide so 'd be happy to pay. And frankly since the optician recently quoted OH £600 for his next pair of glasses the payback period is not that bad if your eyesight is bad. It makes me cross actually as a family we must have to pay between £500-£1000 a year on glasses/lens (not daily disposable even) and that's whilst our 11yr old are only £50 a go. Very soon his will be upwards of £400 a pair and will need updating every 6 months... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whoopsie Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 Initial consultation should be free. My treatment was just over 3 grand but it was worth every penny. I paid over 20 months but there are other payment plans. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_smeeeths Posted May 8, 2010 Share Posted May 8, 2010 Good Luck I had my eyes lasered 8 years ago. I had some problems (but that's just my luck) but once everything was sorted it has been brilliant...to swim without bumping into people is a joy and also wearing sunglasses is fantastic!!!! fingers crossed for you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...