Alis girls Posted September 17, 2010 Share Posted September 17, 2010 On the school run with 9yr old son and I'm singing along to Capital some R n B song and my son told me to be quiet as I;m embarassing Moi never. Got to red traffic light and time for a little sit down boogie and told off again so I mouthed the words silently. Then started lauging and guess what told off again I asked him if it were ok to breathe and was told "dont be silly" I cant help wanting to singalong - I'm not a mum who sets out to embarass her kids I just love a sing and a little boogie Its my revenge for all the times they did it to me as toddlers Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickenNutter Posted September 17, 2010 Share Posted September 17, 2010 Absolutely agree! I'm one too, and for the same reasons. It's the only way I get my kicks these days. My kids have learnt not to tell me off as they know It will make me behave even worse. Mwah ha ha ha - revenge is mine! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted September 17, 2010 Share Posted September 17, 2010 Mine used to get cross with me riding the shopping trolleys down the aisles when they were clear. Now I've taught them how to do it they have forgiven me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted September 17, 2010 Share Posted September 17, 2010 I like to ride around ToysRus on their hobby horses that neigh when up tweek their ear, My eldest Step son gets VERY ashamed of his loopy step mum Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted September 17, 2010 Author Share Posted September 17, 2010 mental note being made to go to Toysrus soon I still get kiss from YS at gates and we do a "celeb" air kiss loudly on each cheek "mawah mawah" get some funny looks but least I get a kiss. ES gives me daggers if I attempt a goodbye kiss with friends in the vicinity. Got a terse txt the other night when I wanted to know where he was. Sent a terse one back reminding him I am his mum. As if he could forget Any embarrassing dads out there ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted September 17, 2010 Share Posted September 17, 2010 Mine used to get cross with me riding the shopping trolleys down the aisles when they were clear. Now I've taught them how to do it they have forgiven me me too! I currently get scathing looks and told that I am 'strange' or 'weird'. *shrugs* suits me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
debbier Posted September 17, 2010 Share Posted September 17, 2010 Parenting just wouldn't be the same if you couldn't embarrass your offspring. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted September 17, 2010 Share Posted September 17, 2010 You wait until they are teenagers. its ever so easy to embarrass them then,& really satisfying Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rhapsody Posted September 17, 2010 Share Posted September 17, 2010 If my son had told me at any age to be quiet he would have got a clip round the ear My fondest memories of the school run is us all singing Robbie Williams at the tops of our voices Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tiggy Posted September 17, 2010 Share Posted September 17, 2010 its my job Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
alih Posted September 17, 2010 Share Posted September 17, 2010 I tell my teens time and time again that it's my job to embarrass them - but it works a treat when I am collecting them from a party. I tell them that if they are not out on time I will come in and dance. They are out on time. To the second. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy chickens! Posted September 17, 2010 Share Posted September 17, 2010 Tiggy - I'm with you on this one! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted September 17, 2010 Share Posted September 17, 2010 My son called me on his friend's Dad's car speaker phone on his way home from a rugby match yesterday. He said 'I'm on speaker phone so don't do that thing that you usually do.' I then said that I loved him and he replied 'yes, that's it. Don't do it.' I then said 'Mummy kissies' and made lots of kissing noises down the phone. The Dad was laughing along with everyone except my son who was urging him to turn the phone off. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted September 18, 2010 Share Posted September 18, 2010 I tell my teens time and time again that it's my job to embarrass them - but it works a treat when I am collecting them from a party. I tell them that if they are not out on time I will come in and dance. They are out on time. To the second. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Shirl Posted September 18, 2010 Share Posted September 18, 2010 I am the embarrassing mother of two girls who are now embarrassing their own children. It's lovely to watch. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted September 18, 2010 Share Posted September 18, 2010 I love embarrassing mine . It's so easy too . One of my favourites was when the boys left for school, I'd shout so they'd turn round then wave the enormous green cardboard hand we picked up at the Tour de France a few years ago . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sam Palmer Posted September 18, 2010 Share Posted September 18, 2010 According to YS, I'm embarrassing today because I'm wearing my "stupid" 'International Talk Like a Pirate Day' baseball shirt that I've got ready for tomorrow (why not wear it all weekend?), in the house with jeans and spotty boot slippers. I'm also embarrassing whenever I wear my "stupid children's shoes, cos your feet are too small" - nubuck Converse type shoes from Hotter. Apparently only people with huge feet should wear these. ES however, has given them the 16 year old seal of approval. It must be his age, he's nearly 13..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted September 19, 2010 Author Share Posted September 19, 2010 The teenage party rang true with me. The first party ES now 14 went to about a yr ago I dropped a carful of teenage lads off and was worried re lack of parental supervision - ES had been economical with his details so I followed them in and peered roung the door. ES was horrified so I said " i cant remember pick up time " he was mortified as he knew I was spying to see if there were lots of girls there and a few bouncer type dads to sort out trouble and alcohol. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Clur Posted September 20, 2010 Share Posted September 20, 2010 My kids are a little young to understand the full effects of having an embarrassing mum, so I make up for it be embarrassing my friend's 14 year old. He wasn't too sure where to look as I adopted my best 'gangsta' walk, went over to him, made my hand into a fist patting my chest saying 'blood'. I have no idea what it means but saw him doing it earlier in the day. He was even less impressed when I pulled up his low slung jeans so they covered his boxer shorts! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted September 20, 2010 Author Share Posted September 20, 2010 Ah yes the low slung jeans and acre of underpant showing - bane of a mums life. My collleague at work had a teenager in to do a dressing on a burn - as he exited the room she said " oh and pull yer trousers up" and he did The trick is to pull them up yourselves and do a "wedgie" works every time - ES does not turn his back on me for fear of the wedgie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...