Seagazer

Its official - I'm a biker!

I came back a couple of weeks ago from mine and OH's holiday to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We went to Lake Garda by motorbike. :dance:

All in all we did just under 2,400 miles, which considering I'd only done a 150 mile round trip before :shock: I think I did really well. It took us 3 days to get there with a stopover in Metz France and Augsburg in Germany. We had five nights in Lake Garda and then two stopovers in France on the way back at Albertville and Chaumont.

We had such a fantastic time, just hopping on and off the bike, up and down mountains. We went to Venice and Verona whilst we were there and saw some stunning scenery, especially in Germany and Austria.

We are now longing to book another road trip. I think he's made a biker of me now. :wink::D

Here are a couple of photos

P1170653.jpg

This is me at the Col De L'Iseran, which was on our way home. It was 2,700 odd metres up and just up the road from Val D'Isere.

P1170453.jpg

This is most of the way up the Paso del Rombo which is a really twisty road up the mountains between Austria and Italy. You get a sticker when you go through at the top. :D

Wow, well done on your trip and anniversary!

I've just posted that I'm off to France by bike in the early hours of tomorrow with my OH - quite a short run compared to yours 8)

It will be our 25th in 2 years time, have to start thinking about where we could go :think:

Lisa P

I did surprise myself! I didn't overly enjoy the first day as I was very nervous, we got quite cold as it was foggy in Calais and for about an hour after. I was very pleased to get to the first hotel and have a long, hot bath. We rode roughly 300 miles every day getting there and back. :shock: I thought I had enough padding on my derriere to cope but could have done with a bit more :wink::lol:

I got very emotional at dinner the first night, the thought of leaving the kids for that long. The longest I'd left YS for was 4 days before this. Also the danger aspect of what we were doing worried me. My DD and mum looked very nervous as we left.

My OH has just been riding for about 3 years and had never ridden abroad (although had driven) so it was all new. He's a very careful rider and does extra training with ROSPA.

I can thoroughly recommend doing something totally different just to shake things up a bit. We could have flown to Italy but this way we have so many things to remember about the journey there and back. :D