Cinnamon Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 Just for the last couple of days,whenever I go in to or out os certain shops,the bleepy alarm thing goes off Its really embarrassing & I am getting fed up with it...I don't think I have stolen anything! I have been searched twice Is it just my magnetic personality,or is there another reason I am making bells ring? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angie Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 Have you bought something new that you are wearing or carrying? as the magnetic strip may be concealed and may not be disarmed. I had one in my new handbag, a strip like those found on DVD's,CD's etc .... It was the lady in Boots that asked me the question and found the strip. It was quickly removed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 Better not send you through customs then Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 22, 2010 Author Share Posted October 22, 2010 I don't think I have anything new on me since yesterday (or maybe before - its only certain shops that go off) An M&S gift card....would that do it? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 electronic car keys can do it but that wouldnt explain why its suddenly starting happening Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 22, 2010 Author Share Posted October 22, 2010 Nope,don't have one of those anyhow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stoice Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 Our college library books always set off the bleeper thingy in wilkos. Maybe you have a book or cd in your bag? Or a new coat? - I bought a coat for my mum once and it had three tags in it, on on a sleeve, one in the neck and one in a pocket. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MarkBevBen Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 If you have a London Oyster card they can set off shop beepers. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 23, 2010 Author Share Posted October 23, 2010 No to any of the above ....sorry! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Have you had a swear filter installed ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
merlotti Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 I agree - can only be new item of clothing - shoes? trainers? bag? Think girl, think! Merlotti x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 23, 2010 Author Share Posted October 23, 2010 The only new thing I was wearing was my bra,so I will have a look,but I think I might have noticed a security tag on it,plus it came mail order. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paola Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Have you had a swear filter installed ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MarkBevBen Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Wonder what it could be? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MarkBevBen Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Have you had a swear filter installed ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Clur Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 No one's played a practical joke on you have they? Like putting one of those magnetic strips on your coat somewhere? We've done that as a joke before...! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Powerlady Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 That happens to my mum..but she has stents in her arteries? Had any surgery lately? Wide of the mark I bet but it's still a possibility? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Same thing happens to my Mum - she has two artificial hips and always sets off the beepers at airports However, I think you would have noticed if you have had any surgery in the last couple of days! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 23, 2010 Author Share Posted October 23, 2010 GOTCHA!!!!! Just had a huge handbag tip-out on the kitchen table. It wasn't pretty And I found a pair of earrings I bought for a Christmas Stocking stashed away & long forgotten about No more bleeping for me,then (unless I do get that swear filter!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MarkBevBen Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Ahhh righty-ho and do they still have that tag thing on them? Glad you got to the bottom of it, how intriguing Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Thank god you found it! I hate it when you buy something in a shop, and they don't swipe it properly, and you don't realise until you go into a another shop and set off their alarms. I did this recently when I bought some perfume in Next. I went out the door and the alarm bleeped, but I thought nothing of it. It wasn't until I went into Boots, I realised it was me! So I had to go back to Next and get them to swipe it properly Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CatieB Posted October 25, 2010 Share Posted October 25, 2010 I was out shopping with my husband one christmas and sneakily bought him a present. So he didn't see it I hid it in my rucksac. Guess what happened next?? Yep as we went to walk out the beepers went off. Everyone looked (including husband) and I had to be escorted to the till point looking very dodgy as the item was hidden. Secret present ruined and much humiliation! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted October 25, 2010 Share Posted October 25, 2010 I was out shopping with my husband one christmas and sneakily bought him a present. So he didn't see it I hid it in my rucksac. Guess what happened next?? Yep as we went to walk out the beepers went off. Everyone looked (including husband) and I had to be escorted to the till point looking very dodgy as the item was hidden. Secret present ruined and much humiliation! Its always the way! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...