Biker Chick

We are going to be Grandparents whooo hooo

My DD told me at Xmas that she and her OH were "thinking" of trying for a baby and a few weeks later she did a test which proved positive. They have been keeping it quiet until she had her scan, which she had yesterday, and everything is all okay. She is 11 1/2 weeks pregnant and the baby is due 11th October.

The whole family is sooo excited as this will be the first grandchild and me and DH are really pleased.

Didnt think she could keep it a secret for much longer as she is already sporting quite a baby bump.

The only ickle problem is, that now me and DH feel really old :oops: and are wondering if this means we should now act old and respectable :lol:

Congratulations...exciting isn't it ?

I have six grandchildren and each one had me in a frenzy for months ..knitting, crochet, and sewing ,finding bargins for baby, even put away packets of nappies ( just to save them money). It doesn't stop there either i'm still at it 11 yrs later, enjoying each moment i have with them it is the best ...being a grandparent.

Congratulations! How wonderful!

The only ickle problem is, that now me and DH feel really old :oops: and are wondering if this means we should now act old and respectable :lol:

Now don't get too carried away there!

I agree :lol: I think it will be wonderful to be a grandparent. All the fun of babies and kids, but none of the sleepless nights :dance: Not yet though, my three :anxious: That said, my cousin who is a year older than me is a grandad at 41 :shock:

Congratulations Bikerchick :clap: Fab news! I hope that your DD has an easy pregnancy and birth. It's great being a grandparent, my grandson is 6 weeks old and I love him to bits :D You don't have to grow up, I have no intention of it :wink:

I also bought nappies, wipes and clothes etc when my daughter was pregnant and still seem to buy him something everytime I go out, DH says he's spoilt but his other Nan and I say he's not spoilt he's very loved :lol: