Chickvic

Pet rats.

Thought I'd update! We're picking 4 girls up on the 20th November, breeder was seeing what she'd got over the weekend, so we're having 2 Russian blue agoutis, 1 black variegated and 1 Russian blue variegated. We have to wait until the 2 youngest are 6 weeks old. Daughter is climbing the walls with frustration! :roll::lol::lol::lol:

Aw, those should be very pretty rats! I love black varies. I have one here and she's gorgeous. She produced some beautiful babies earlier this year too.

I can understand how your daughter feels - I still get like that if I'm waiting to collect new ratties or waiting for a litter to arrive! It'll be worth the wait, though.

Thought I'd update! We're picking 4 girls up on the 20th November, breeder was seeing what she'd got over the weekend, so we're having 2 Russian blue agoutis, 1 black variegated and 1 Russian blue variegated. We have to wait until the 2 youngest are 6 weeks old. Daughter is climbing the walls with frustration! :roll::lol::lol::lol:

Awwww :D I was going to get Russian Blues but ratty mum miscarried her litter. I'm warning you in advance- baby ratties are CRAZY :lol:

Wow the rat palace looks excellent! I'm sure you're rats will love it!

I have had lost of rats throughout my childhood.... they really do make fantastic pets! They're so intelligent, I was amazed I could teach mine their names & they came when called! (Far more obedient than our greyhound!) They are vey affectionate too, and I think make wonderful pets for children.

My first rat, Ratticous (not very imaginative I know- was young though! Ha) was a male, and he was very affectionate, he was quite happy sitting on my shoulder all evening, or on my lap. He did wee constantly though! But to be honest I didn't notice him smelling more, just had to make sure you wiped up after him!

After him, I had 3 sets of 2 girls a time. The girls are certainly more busy, running about my bedroom for the entire evening when I let them out of their cage; they seldom sat with me for long! Although they did slow down when they got older.

I continued getting rats for many years, but eventually found it so heartbreaking when they died after only 2 years of life. I got my rats from a small local pet shop, and some from Pets at Home, and my Dad always commented that they were probably too interbred to be healthy. I would have definitely tried small breeders if I'd have thought about it!

Hope you and your children enjoy many happy years with your lovely rats!