jess1merlin

Grout whitener

Just wondered if anyone has every used this and if it was successful. We are going to put our house on the market after christmas and are busy tidying everything up but some of the grout in the bathroom tiles looks more cream than white. I am not keen to replace all the grout and the tiles are fine so I am hoping this will solve them problem.

Hi Guys,

I saw the clip about the man who was overcome with fumes.... this is achieved by mixing limescale remover or other alkali like bicarb, with household bleach which is acid.... it makes mustard gas!

So while beautiful white grouting is very nice, please consider mixing chemicals is not generally a good idea. One of my friends did the above and was in hospital for 4 days!! ( Yes I agree ...what a Wally!!)

a lady i work with told me to use.........

washing powder and a bit of bleach, mix it together in a cup of some kind and get an old tooth brush and put a bit of mixture onto the toothbrush and scrub the grout.

ive done this and it bring the dirt/mould right out becuase the powder is gritty and mixed with the bleach moves it

hope that helps

xx