StephenW

Flubenvet

OK. Advice needed please. Left OH in charge today as I was out all day going to deepest Devon on a hospital visit. Told him all he had to do was top up water for the girls. Get back home this evening (bearing in ind they are undergoing flubenvet treatment) to find they have been free ranging for TWO hours. What do I do? Do I need to do anything like keep OH in the run and let the girls in the house or on this ONE occasion, do I let OH off and add an extra worming day for the girls and keep them in the wir where they should have been all along?

OK. Advice needed please. Left OH in charge today as I was out all day going to deepest Devon on a hospital visit. Told him all he had to do was top up water for the girls. Get back home this evening (bearing in ind they are undergoing flubenvet treatment) to find they have been free ranging for TWO hours. What do I do? Do I need to do anything like keep OH in the run and let the girls in the house or on this ONE occasion, do I let OH off and add an extra worming day for the girls and keep them in the wir where they should have been all along?

Ooops!!! Personnally I'd go with option 1 but in reality I think that option 2 might be your safest bet???

Mmmmm, thank you BizzyMomma. Am putting OH on extra training (only because he pays all the bills!!) for 24 hours only. I mearn, you give them one day of domestication and what happens. So tomorrow, as a "learning opportunity", domestic duties will be his for improvement opportunity. If not improvement, the girls will be moving in (they are so soft and warm) and OH will be going to WIR (not even the cube). I have told him, he will be eating the worming pellets. :lol::lol::lol:

Yes. When they are on flubenvet, that is all they are supposed to eat. No treats either. I am sure someone more experienced than I will be along to explain why...I presume it is to ensure the chickens don't fill themselves up with non worming food and to maximise the success of the product.

My chickens have today been looking and clucking about they want to go OUT! They are completely unimpressed, even tried to get out the back door when I was cleaning the cube. Anyway, it is for their own good!