StephenW

Flubenvet

An easy way is to get Marriages layers pellets with flubenvet in them. You don't have to worry about them getting the correct dose. Just give them the pellets instead of their usual food for a week :D

That's interesting to know!!!

You can order it online from SPRCentre. It is by far the easiest way of worming your hens.

Thanks for the info, now bookmarked for future reference!! :dance:

I bought a bag of the medicated pellets once but my girls didn't seem to like them. So I am back to buying the Flubenvet and mixing it up myself. Have to say it's very easy and takes hardly any time once you get the hang of doing it. I tend to just make up 4kg of food at a time and then mix up more as needed.

I have ordered flubenvet on its own, the layerspellets were going to cost too much to get posted.

Thank you for all your help

Steve

When mixing mine with pellets, my main worry is, being such tiny particules it won't "stick" to the pellets. My solution to this is to add some cod liver oil to the pellets first (shake, shake, shake the tub to get them all coated) then add the flubenvet and shake, shake, shake some more. Whole lot of shaking goes on here :lol:

I think I got a 10kg bag from Marriages :D

Ooh, thank you. That's a bit more feasible. Do you just call them up direct and they'll deliver them to you by courier?

Yes. I just got the phone number online. They ask you a few questions about how many hens you have etc take your payment details and a few days later it arrives. Abswco mentioned that SPR is cheaper so I will investigate them when I next need to worm the girls. My girls love the pellets, there seems to be no problem with them eating them. However I do not think they are choosy -found them eating a mouse one day :vom:

I just use the shake method but no oil. I find it very messy as it generates a lot of dust and then I worry that too much Flubenvet has escaped. Last time I seemed to get covered in dust and then read I shouldn't inhale Flubenvet or allow it to touch my skin :shock: Think I'll try the ready mixed stuff next time.