StephenW

Flubenvet

SPR Centre here http://www.sprcentre.com/Shop-Categories/Poultry-Wormers/Marriages-Layers-Pellets-with-Flubenvet-20kg_3

£5.87 incl vat, just need to add postage. I think this depends where you live....I seem to remember the whole lot came to @£12.

Hope this helps. By the way, there is a very gorey page on worms on the SPR site. Very full of pictures of lovely worms!!!

Stephen I have the 60g tub. You mix 2kg of pellets to one scoop of the powder, using the scoop supplied. Mixing it is the important thing. I weigh out the full 2kg into a bucket... then get smaller containers... take a mug full of pellets and mix with the powder, then pour that mug of pellets into a bigger tub with more pellets and slowly mix it up to the full 2kg... it takes about 5 mins to do, you just have to swap into bigger containers as you go.

That 2kg fed my 2 chickens for 7 days with a little bit left over, and making sure they were given no other food but the pellets... these are full size chickens.. so I would guess 8 banties will eat between 6 and 8kg in a 7 day period. I would mix 2kg at a time as you go so you dont waste too much. It needs to be fed for 7 days.

Hi there,

Just thought I'd let you know that I recently bought Flubenvet 1% 60g from 'greenfarmhealth.co.uk' and it cost me £14.40 (which included vat), and would have been free delivery too if I hadn't ordered something else as well! A pretty good price for the worming medication I think, after seeing some charging over £20 with delivery charges too.

I found the Farm and Petplace website too. Total amount £8.35 for 10kg flubenvet pellets including £2.50 delivery. Delivery is 48 hour courier so my girls should be starting their worming program :) on Wednesday when it arrives. Spoke to the man on the tel no (think it was his day off) and he advised someone will call me tomorrow to go through the licensing bit ie to confirm it is for domestic use. They are presently changing their courier...so will report back on it all after delivery.

We got a three bird tub from our supplier (one week's feed / treatment)of Flubenvet / pellets for £4.95 when we bought our first girls in September :D

I trust that he is a vet or pharmacist otherwise I am afraid that this breaches Veterinary Medicines Regulations. The only people legally allowed to split medicines are vets and pharmacists. Even an SQP (Suitably Qualified Person)- who along with vets and pharmacist are the only people legally allowed to sell Flubenvet are not allowed to split a pot. When you buy Flubenvet you are doing so for animals in your care only. :)

Well to be honest, I can't...but after the last lot of flubenvet pellets mine had, egg productions increased marginally so I put it down to the flubenvet. If they have worms their breast bone is supposed to be prominent I understand...I am sure someone more suitably qualified than I am will be along soon to answer your question more fully.

A prominent keel doesn't mean that the bird has worms - it is only an indication of how much weight they are carrying; like humans, some birds naturally carry more meat than others. However, a heavy worm infestation can cause a chicken to lose weight, so there's a small amount of truth in that fact.

If you worm with Flubenvet every quarter then you will keep their worm load down to manageable levels where they won't affect the health of the hen... just like with cats and dogs.

I found the Farm and Petplace website too. Total amount £8.35 for 10kg flubenvet pellets including £2.50 delivery. Delivery is 48 hour courier so my girls should be starting their worming program

Update: Pellets delivered by 48 hour courier, arrived yesterday..very good for £2.50 delivery. Use by date is 22/2/2012 and my girls have been tucking into them today. Normally they turn their beaks up at them for a day or so until they realise they are hungry and not getting anything else...or perhaps it is the colder weather....I notice they eat more when it is getting colder.

I found the Farm and Petplace website too. Total amount £8.35 for 10kg flubenvet pellets including £2.50 delivery. Delivery is 48 hour courier so my girls should be starting their worming program

Update: Pellets delivered by 48 hour courier, arrived yesterday..very good for £2.50 delivery. Use by date is 22/2/2012 and my girls have been tucking into them today. Normally they turn their beaks up at them for a day or so until they realise they are hungry and not getting anything else...or perhaps it is the colder weather....I notice they eat more when it is getting colder.

Just found it too and the feed is currently out of stock in both 10 & 20Kg sizes, must be all you lot stocking up I reckon? :wink: