Hi

I recently joined the Forum and think it's great. Have learnt so much about chickens in the last week.

I have now taken the plunge and ordered a purple eglu together with a Pepperpot and a Ginger Ranger from Omlet. I have also ordered a Mendlesham Blue from a local supplier. (although can't find much info about this breed on the internet). Delivery expected on 19th July.

Really looking forward to getting them now. :D

Welcome to the forum, everyone is really great on here, so if you have any questions just ask away, theres always loads of people ready to help.

Congratulations on buying an Eglu, we've had ours just over a week, its great :)

We are now wishing we had them on bark (or equivelant) as the grass is starting to become a bit of a mess.......

Karl

... and ordered a purple eglu together with a Pepperpot and a Ginger Ranger from Omlet. I have also ordered a Mendlesham Blue from a local supplier. (although can't find much info about this breed on the internet). Delivery expected on 19th July......

...and I shall be very old on that date... :shock: But, I really replied to say, congrats & well done, purple Eglu & a lovely combination of hens. :D

Mendlesham Blue! I have one and she's absolutely adorable and lays unusual eggs, almost daily. They have a bullet hard shell which is very uniform, smooth & pale, quite unlike the other eggs.

Mine is called Bluebelle (it's a hybrid similar to a bluebelle) and she has beautiful pale grey feathers. She is bright, friendly & docile, & certainly is a hybrid that I would recommend. The Omlet pair will be lovely too, I've had several, they are good hens.

Oooh, only 3 weeks to go, I'm really pleased for you. :D

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. Really looking forward to getting them now. I am now gathering chicken essentials in readiness. (shower cutains, expanding trellis to stop them coming the patio! etc)

Sheila thanks for the information on Mendlesham Blues. Yours sounds lovely. Will post photos as soon as I can, once they have arrived.

Sam