newcountrygirl

Has anyone here moved to Lincolnshire

Has anybody here moved to Lincolnshire? We originally moved here from Yorkshire just over 2 years ago. As anyone who has seen my other posts will know - we have recently moved again. I can't believe the difference. Where we were before people weren't friendly and we hardly ever saw anyone. Here - we have only moved 6 weeks ago and we know half the village. Everyone waves when passing and I am on the village Jubilee committee. I have also been asked to become a Parish Councillor which I have accepted as I think it's good to be involved.

I can recommend Lincolnshire to anyone thinking of a rural move. We have big skies and the stars are amazing. Lots of wildlife too. At our new place we have 2 fishing lakes and 3 acres so plenty of room for the bees, chucks and Border Terrier. Every morning when I walk the dog we see lots . We have loads of Tawny owls and a huge variety of birds. The other evening I walked he up to the first lake and just as we got close there were 2 deer grazing. A big plus is that property is so reasonably priced.

I can't believe how much happier we feel . :lol:

Hi. I've lived in Lincolnshire for twenty six years and love it! We regularly visit Market Rasen and often go walking in the Tealby/Walesby area at the weekend. I think the Lincolnshire wolds are a well kept secret! :D

Sally

Tealby seems to have quite a few chicken keepers living there. There's a house that we pass, between the butchers and the Kings Head that has a lovely selection of hens in the front garden, we always make a point of stopping for a look when we go past!

Sally

I used to be in little Steeping but we moved 6 weeks ago to South Somercotes. It's great. I am so glad there are other people singing the praises of Lincolnshire - there are so many things to see and do and I think sometimes it gets overlooked. That reminds me - I need to change my location on here - I will do it now.

I grew up in Lincolnshire, between Lincoln and Horncastle. I would move back to the county if I thought I could get work there, my family still live there (brother lives near Binbrook - no chickens though as yet!). It is a great county, loads of positives 8) I now live in Ely in Cambridgeshire so still get the flatness and the big skies :D

I was born and brought up in Grimsby in Lincolnshire and still have lots of family up there. Moved to a London suburb when I was 15 and have never really liked it down South. You have to live in a place like that to understand how much friendlier everyone is and I used to love being so close to the coast too.

Sure thing, everyone's welcome :D

My house is nothing big or flash, lots of people thought I was mad moving here and effectively moving 'down' the property ladder but for more money :roll: but it's a homely home and I love where it is. It makes me smile every time I come home.

Sally I know the house you mean. Lovely chickens, they come up to people as they walk passed, bless.

:lol: I have just ordered a Doodlehouse MAX and as soon as it arrives i am going for some more banties. Hopefully after a short period of integrating the can live happily with my other three ladies. We now live in South Somercotes in Lincolnshire and if anyone is coming this way(close to Mablethorpe and Saltfleet) they are more than welcome to pop in for a cuppa. :D

Aunty E - that sounds brilliant. Before I moved to Lincolnshire I was heavily involved with Wakefield G & S Society for 15 years or more - in fact i was a founder member. I think G & S is part of our national heritage and should be a compulsory part of our childrens education. Hope you enjoy your visit.