Spinning Top

Super-charged chooks

I had to laugh :lol: although perhaps I shouldn't have done.......

We've just returned from a week's holiday and my parents came to house / dog / chicken sit while we were away.

I phoned home a couple of times and Mum said all was well but the girls were very wilful and didn't want to go to bed at night so she was going to keep them in their fenced off area rather than let them out to the new grass.

When we got back I noticed that some of them looked a little damp, especially around their necks (it seems that chooks sweat when they're fizzed up !) and while I was tying a bunch of greens up they were jumping to get at it before I'd lowered the string.

It turned out that Mum had got the food and treat buckets mixed up and had been filling the grubs with corn all week :roll:

I replaced the corn with layers pellets and they fell on it as if they hadn't seen a balanced meal all week - which I suppose they hadn't, poor things. :oops:

A couple of days down the line and thy've come down from their 'high' although we're still getting some beautifully yellow yolks :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: It's like giving children M&Ms and full fat coke!

The Boy was house-sitting for me earlier in the year whilst we went away with my folks; goodness knows how (they are clearly labelled)but he managed to mix up the rabbit and dog pellets, so the bunnies were fed on dog kibble all week :roll: he said that they loved it and perhaps that explained why they were bothering him to throw sticks for them :roll::lol:

The Boy was house-sitting for me earlier in the year whilst we went away with my folks; goodness knows how (they are clearly labelled)but he managed to mix up the rabbit and dog pellets, so the bunnies were fed on dog kibble all week :roll: he said that they loved it and perhaps that explained why they were bothering him to throw sticks for them :roll::lol:

Love it! Was the dog doing bunny hops around the garden?

Love it! Was the dog doing bunny hops around the garden?

:lol::lol: No, the dogs were staying with Karen (Lillybettybabs) I wouldn't trust The Boy to look after my babies; he's not that into dogs either :roll: