For the base:

200g pack shortbread fingers

50g butter, melted

For the filling:

300g Soft CReam Cheese

350ml crème fraîche

175g golden caster sugar

25g plain flour

3 large free range eggs, beaten (I used 4 bantam eggs)

1 dessertspoon Vanilla Extract

For the topping:

200g fresh raspberries

200g fresh redcurrants (I used blueberries 'cause that's what I had)

Icing sugar

You will need a baking tray and a 20cm sandwich tin at least 4cm deep with a loose base, or a 20cm spring-form cake tin, greased and lined with a circle of Bake-O-Glide or baking parchment. (If the tin is less than 4cm you will need to line the sides as well, making sure Bake-O-Glide or parchment is a couple of centimetres above the level of the tin.)

Method

Preheat the oven to 150ºC, gas mark 3.

1. First blitz the biscuits into crumbs in a food processor, then tip them into a bowl and add the melted butter and give it a thorough mix. Next press the crumbs evenly into the base of the lined tin using the back of a metal spoon to give it a smooth surface.

2. Now make the filling. In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, caster sugar and flour. Then stir in the crème fraîche, beaten eggs and vanilla - it will be very liquid, don't worry..

3. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and place it on a baking tray in the lower half of the oven. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, by which time the cheesecake will be barely coloured; it should be just set firm on the edge but still slightly wobbly in the centre. Remove from the oven and allow to cool (the surface may crack a little but don’t worry) before placing in the fridge for several hours to firm up.

4. For the topping, remove the redcurrants from their stalks by holding each string at one end over a bowl and use a fork to strip the currants away from the stalk.

To serve the cheesecake, arrange the raspberries and redcurrants all over the surface and dust with icing sugar.

Sorry to sabotage your thread but your drizzle cake recipe I make is very popular. i have seen the recipe for it elsewhere - but its so easy and is in Omlet cookbook 2. Was going to PM you - OH hasnt stopped raving and several folk at church stopped me and said how brill it was.If this cheesecake is as good - it needs to go in Omlet CB 3. Ali x

I always laugh when I see a new recipe in this section of the forum. Mainly because it's usually Dogmother or Lesley! :lol:

They are always fantastic though! I once got sent some Millionaires Shortbread by post from Dogmother! Never forgotten that!

My hubby would love this cheesecake. He can have this & I'll do me a Slimming World one. :wink:

Emma.x