AndreaT Posted August 14, 2012 Share Posted August 14, 2012 So there I am enjoying 10 minutes in the sunshine before I have to be at an appointment so I think, I'll grab a sandwich. Quick trip to Greggs and I'm the proud owner of a lovely chicken roll. Two quick bites and just lifting it up to my mouth for another when I feel a strange flap at my hair and the next thing I know my sandwich is gone and all I'm holding is the wrapping! It was snatched away by a huge gull! I was gob smacked, I've never seen anything like it. Serves me right for not following my Slimming World plan Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Looney Posted August 14, 2012 Share Posted August 14, 2012 What a cheeky bird! Bet you were shocked! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
counturchickens Posted August 14, 2012 Share Posted August 14, 2012 Just think of the syns you saved! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted August 14, 2012 Share Posted August 14, 2012 Wow I thought you were going to say that a chicken stole your lunch Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wannabe smallholder Posted August 14, 2012 Share Posted August 14, 2012 Sooooo funny!!!! hmmm sorry not funny at all, poor you... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AndreaT Posted August 14, 2012 Author Share Posted August 14, 2012 Wow I thought you were going to say that a chicken stole your lunch Chrissie That wouldn't have surprised me quite as much! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted August 14, 2012 Share Posted August 14, 2012 It was obviously a Slimming World Gull sent to relieve people of their Syns! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted August 14, 2012 Share Posted August 14, 2012 This happened to one of other halfs friends with a Greggs Steak bake. OH found it hilarious Maybe these gulls are only partial to Greggs food Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snowberry Posted August 15, 2012 Share Posted August 15, 2012 This is a regular occurance in Cornwall. Years ago my son had his ice cream whisked from his little hand by a seagull; he's never forgotton, or forgiven Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted August 15, 2012 Share Posted August 15, 2012 That is a regular thing in Whitby, the gulls are huge! I mean bigger than a cat But the gull did save you from extra syns Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted August 15, 2012 Share Posted August 15, 2012 I feel your pain, I had a lovely ham roll stolen from my hand on a beach in Cornwall many moons ago. There are loads of gulls around here at the moment, it sounds like the seaside in the centre of town, they come over from Gloucester docks having come up the Severn. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
patsylabrador Posted August 15, 2012 Share Posted August 15, 2012 OH had some of his lunch pinched and he thinks it was one of the security guards which seems ironic. He'd shown a lot of interest in my home-made rolls the day before. Obviously couldn't resist! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted August 15, 2012 Share Posted August 15, 2012 Must be employed by Slimming World I hate eating at the beach for the very same reason. Gulls can very scary birds. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted August 15, 2012 Share Posted August 15, 2012 Or its the trailor for "Birds 2" sound of spooky music Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...