Cheeky Chooky

Millie's First Day

Millie is settling in really well and she is enjoying the hospitality :wink: She's had another lovely bath, some more fresh spinach and she's discovered the Garvo Duck Pellets :dance:

Got some nice photos of her this afternoon :)

Doing her exercises :lol:

P1020160.JPG

P1020161.JPG

P1020214.JPG

Enjoying the spinach :P

P1020180.JPG

P1020188.JPG

She makes me think of someone wearing a kilt in this one :lol:

P1020225.JPG

So glad she's in our WIR and not in someone's freezer :angel:

Do let us know how Millie's personality develops as I haven't been able to find out that much on Muscovy ducks as pets. The books I've read never seem to get any further than information that they perch in trees and are the only domestic ducks not originating from the mallard.

My aunt, now in her late 80s and rather past asking about these things, used to keep a Muscovy duck who lived to be over 26 . She really loved this duck and always said that she was every bit as much company as a dog (she also kept a pack of standard poodles whose hair she would knitt into jumpers). You have brought all my memories of her stories back and I have just announced to OH that we will shortly be having a Muscovy. :P Well I thought I'd better start to prime him :lol:

I have just announced to OH that we will shortly be having a Muscovy. :P Well I thought I'd better start to prime him :lol:

Woo hoo! :dance::lol: What did he say?!

He's not budging an inch yet :talk2hand: but I'll keep on dripping like an old tap with a spent washer and he'll get to this :shameonu: then :think: then :anxious: and finally :roll: . I'll then get ducky and he'll be :) if not exactly :dance:

:lol::lol:

Derek and Daisy paired up from the word go and they toddle around together. Millie's kept her distance so far (it's only been 2 weeks since she arrived) but she doesn't seem quite as timid, bless her. They may never be big buddies but ducks aren't particularly aggressive so they should be fine :) In an ideal world (and a much bigger garden :roll:) I'd have another female Muscovy so she's got company of her own breed but I figure she's far better off with Derek and Daisy than being eaten by the guy who sold her to me for a fiver :shock::?:wink: