Leicester_H

£20 - since when .....

We didnt pay when we moved house which I was surprised about though I would have been willing to pay

I agree you should pay on renewal though as there is an obvious administration cost involved

I doubt their staff would be happy to work for free

Its a small price to pay for freedom

I thought all licences expired after a certain time so everyone had to get a photocard?

It is annoying but to be fair they are legal documents which do last a few years...

If you think about the cost to get a licence for a learner, £20 a lesson, £31 theory test, £60 practical test (plus car hire) then £20 isn't too bad...

The cost of other driving essentials (tax, insurance etc) make this cost seem nothing!

The cost of other driving essentials (tax, insurance etc) make this cost seem nothing!

OK - please send me 'nothing'with my next birthday card !

I agree - but its the principle of the thing !! It can't cost £20 to replace the cards.

What next, £20 to replace you NI card ? EHIC card ?? Register with a GP ??? Pay to get tax return ????

Where will it end ?????

H

I thought all licences expired after a certain time so everyone had to get a photocard?

It is annoying but to be fair they are legal documents which do last a few years...

I think it's ten years for the photocards but it's in really tiny print and given that I didn't think the the 'old' style licences expired, it's easy to miss.

The thing that really bugs me is having my address printed on the card. If anybody thinks I'm carrying it around in my handbag, which also contains keys to the said address, they've got another thing coming :notalk: