Charlottechicken Posted March 22, 2013 Share Posted March 22, 2013 I've just sold some shoes on ebay, and for ease of selling, I'm listing everything as free p+p. A buyer had bid and won one pair of shoes and asked me, with a few minutes to go on another auction, for a discount if she purchased another pair of shoes I was selling. I wasn't online at the time the shoes ended and she has won both pairs of shoes. There is a 70p saving to me in postage costs for posting both pairs together. What should I do? If it is free p+p why would she ask for a discount for more purchases?? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted March 22, 2013 Share Posted March 22, 2013 I think that is a bit cheeky . I would just say that as you are offering free P&P you aren't offering discounts for multiple purchases. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted March 22, 2013 Share Posted March 22, 2013 I would be inclined to say no. You are already giving free p&p so to discount the items as well might end up costing you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted March 22, 2013 Author Share Posted March 22, 2013 Thanks both, I did think I was missing something! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
merlina Posted March 23, 2013 Share Posted March 23, 2013 Asking for money off nothing is definitely cheeky! It would be a resounding 'no' from me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pearls007 Posted March 23, 2013 Share Posted March 23, 2013 I would offer a 50% discount on her postage costs. 50% of £0.00 - ooh.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted March 23, 2013 Share Posted March 23, 2013 I think that is a bit cheeky . I would just say that as you are offering free P&P you aren't offering discounts for multiple purchases. I agree... cheeky moo! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted March 23, 2013 Share Posted March 23, 2013 Just to offer an alternative view... You will be saving a small amount of money with having one Paypal transaction rather than two, and you will be saving a little bit on postage. However, gven that you are offering free P&P I think you are well within your rights to say no. (And personally I wouldn't expect a discount when P&P is free). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted March 23, 2013 Share Posted March 23, 2013 Could be that she was after a p&p discount & hadn't read that it was free anyhow. But either way,the price bid is the price paid,so you should say no! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted March 23, 2013 Author Share Posted March 23, 2013 Cor, Cinnamon, you are a hard businesswoman! Thanks for all your replies, I have used ANH's reply as my reply to her, and hopefully she will pay up so I can post all my parcels on Monday. She has a lot of feedback as a buyer and a seller (over 4000) so I imagine it is something she does without thinking, so hopefully won't be too offended by my reply (I was polite about it!) WitchHazel raises some good points though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
soapdragon Posted March 23, 2013 Share Posted March 23, 2013 Bloomin' 'eck! As my nan used to say 'some people want jam on it'!! You have, IMHO, sent the right reply!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted March 23, 2013 Author Share Posted March 23, 2013 Buyer has paid up, no quibbles, so I imagine it is something she does on a regular basis, probably along the lines of "if you don't ask, then you don't get" Well, there's no harm in asking I suppose! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted March 23, 2013 Share Posted March 23, 2013 That's good news, glad that she has paid. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted April 14, 2013 Author Share Posted April 14, 2013 Well, just thought I would add to this thread as I've just found something on ebay to make me fume! The two pairs of shoes I sold to this person are on sale, no problem with this, however, the cheeky buyer has used my photos and my exact listing!! Any ideas what to do Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted April 14, 2013 Share Posted April 14, 2013 send her a message shouting copyright for the photos... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted April 14, 2013 Share Posted April 14, 2013 Well, just thought I would add to this thread as I've just found something on ebay to make me fume! The two pairs of shoes I sold to this person are on sale, no problem with this, however, the cheeky buyer has used my photos and my exact listing!! Any ideas what to do Ebay takes a dim view on this, report them here Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted April 14, 2013 Share Posted April 14, 2013 Complain to Ebay. I once bought a dress for a wedding from Ebay. It didn't fit, and I listed it immediately and used the original sellers photos, stpidly without asking. She obviously complained to Ebay because my listing was pulled and I had an email from bay warning me about copyright infringement. I've never done it again lol. Hazel Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted April 14, 2013 Author Share Posted April 14, 2013 She never left feedback for the goods so no proof she received them, do you think she could still do a chargeback if I complained?? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted April 14, 2013 Share Posted April 14, 2013 Well she can't be listing them if she hasn't received them..... If she does leave you negative feedback once you have reported her for using your photos then eBay will remove it,as it is obvious she has only left it out of spite. If she is using the exact same listing,then she must be happy that your listing was honest & truthful about their condition. eBay will have a record of her listing on file for 90 days,if she does turn around & say that they have either not arrived or they were not as described. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...