Lesley Posted April 6, 2013 Share Posted April 6, 2013 Further to chat in another thread......This is a photo I didn't think I'd be posting! Lauren has had so many hip dislocations this week that it looked as if she wouldn't make it to her annual internet school get-together and her prom. She was determined that she was going ! Dosed up on strong painkillers and lying down in the car for the journey to Brecon she has made it, Mum and Dad are with her to help her in the night and with dressing and on standby in case there are any further problems. She managed to stand from her wheelchair, use crutches and then had the crutches taken away for the photo, standing on her good leg/hip. There will be professional photos as well - I can't wait to see them. I know I'm a very biased Grandma but this is just such a lovely photo of my gorgeous Lauren in her £9 charity shop bargain.......we took it in together and it fits perfectly - it's also a lovely style for wearing in the wheelchair, it has a net petticoat under. This photo is a bit squashed! - she's 5'8" tall now, this makes her look short! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted April 6, 2013 Share Posted April 6, 2013 She looks beautiful Lesley Hope she has an amazing time. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted April 6, 2013 Share Posted April 6, 2013 What a fabulous dress - and she looks gorgeous! You must be very proud. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted April 6, 2013 Share Posted April 6, 2013 Absolutely gorgeous Well done Lauren and Lesley. I'm really hoping the evening goes brilliantly and that Lauren enjoys it to the full. You have every right to be proud of your granddaughter Lesley Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted April 6, 2013 Share Posted April 6, 2013 Wow, she looks stunning . That dress is gorgeous (love the matching nail varnish too) . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted April 7, 2013 Share Posted April 7, 2013 She looks beautiful She's one very very brave and determined young woman, and you have every right to be proud Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted April 7, 2013 Share Posted April 7, 2013 Lovely dress! Lauren looks very Claudia Schiffer Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SarahJo Posted April 7, 2013 Share Posted April 7, 2013 Gorgeous Lauren - the dress is very pretty, I love seeing the different dress styles & colours, bit limited with boys You have every right to be Extremely Proud Lesley Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted April 7, 2013 Share Posted April 7, 2013 Wow! She looks stunning. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted April 7, 2013 Share Posted April 7, 2013 She looks beautiful, no wonder you are very proud of her. I hope she had a lovely evening. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted April 7, 2013 Author Share Posted April 7, 2013 Thank you all - I am very proud .....and just a teeny bit biased of course I can't believe she made it, I went to look after her on Wednesday and she was bed bound and needed help with everything, Thursday she had a go at getting downstairs on her bottom and getting in the car and then Friday she was determined to go to Brecon.Luckily the whole family are welcome at the get together as a lot of the children using internet school live abroad so it is no problem for L's parents and brother to go with her. Apparently she danced until 10pm using her crutches and her shoulders/wrists/thumbs remained stable. She often ends up in A&E on a Sunday night if she's done too much at the weekend so fingers crossed that she doesn't start dislocating when she goes to sleep tonight. Short dresses were in the minority but she loved her dress and felt comfortable in it. We'd always planned to find a dress that would look good if she had to use the wheelchair. She's watching the Great British Sewing Bee and we'll be hitting the charity shops again soon. This dress was for her best friends prom year, she's a school year ahead of L but the younger year are allowed to go to make up numbers. The younger ones aren't introduced as they enter and don't walk along the red carpet though....she's excited about her own prom next year and wants to start looking for something to alter and personalise. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted April 12, 2013 Share Posted April 12, 2013 Lovely to see a photo of Lauren, she looks stunning. My ED bought her prom dress from the charity shop, her was expensive though £15 I hope that she soon stabilises again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted April 12, 2013 Author Share Posted April 12, 2013 Thank you She was walking fairly well without crutches yesterday. She comes to the pool with me on Thursdays while I do Aquafit. We try to have a Plan A so that I know what she'll want me to do if any joint should dislocate. Yesterday we decided that Plan A would have to be....Panic!! - unfortunately, Plans B,C and D were also Panic!! I have no idea how I'd get her out of the pool if her hip dislocated. The community physio had called out to see her and given her exercises to do in the pool but her hip felt unstable - I was glad when we got out and showered and nothing had happened Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted April 12, 2013 Share Posted April 12, 2013 I love that photo of her Lesley speaking to you last weekend, I know how hard it was for Lauren, but that she was very determined. I am glad that she was able to wear it and have some fun in the end. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted April 13, 2013 Author Share Posted April 13, 2013 Thanks Clare, she was certainly determined! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted April 14, 2013 Share Posted April 14, 2013 What a beauty! Glad it all went well for her, she is amazing (you all are!) xxx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted April 14, 2013 Author Share Posted April 14, 2013 Thanks Snowy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...