Ain't Nobody Here

5:2 Fast Diet

Yes, I'm back on from Monday after letting things slide for a while and not feeling it was the right time to start again. But after over indulging on holiday and feeling bloated and not particularly comfy I jumped on the scales - luckily I've not put on all the weight I was before I started this 3 or 4 years ago, but a stone below. I was 6lb lighter before we went away. I didn't go for the fried brekkies, I had haggis and oat cakes for the most part (oh man I love haggis) but it was the evening dinners with lovely bread. I have a feeling that bread is the culprit. So having cut that out when we came home I have recovered. I've also stepped up the liquids as I don't think we were drinking enough. Weigh-in Wednesday and I've lost the 6lb that I put on. I'm quite raring to go now. I had my fast day yesterday and I will do another tomorrow to ease in. I did have 3 spoons of yoghurt for breakfast and nothing more till tea time. Today I did have a boiled egg sandwich and used gluten free bread to see if that makes a difference. But then it won't be a big deal if it doesn't work - I'll just drop it all completely. Oatcakes it is the nooooooooo!

I forgot to say that my DD weighed herself because I didn't believe her when she said she was 12 stone. She actually weighed 11 but she's nowhere near as chunky as I was when I was 11 stone (ohhhh many, many moons ago, but still have the photos and I looked awful), and she's shorter than me. She does have her grandmother's frame with a large chest, but her legs and arms and torso are fine - I think as long as she's careful and not add to it then she'll be OK. I did suggest she cut out the bread but nooo Maccy D's are the best. Obviously not if she's worried about her weight! And I don't want her to go silly skinny either because when I look at my wedding photos I can see I'm way too thin, cheeks are sunken and my neck bones show. The photos taken when I put on a stone making me 10st are the best ones of me. Went downhill after the children arrived! It's all their fault. :lol::liar: Oh and maybe liking food too much!!!

Well it's now the 4th day of the new regime. I am obsessively weighing myself and it's silly, I know it and must resist the urges!!! Just done the second day of no carbs and doing much better than Monday as I haven't needed a nibble, just had a drink instead - I certainly don't feel like I've missed out.

OH announced he was back to counting points with WW as put on wt over holiday. So tonight I did a gnochni cheese thing (wt watchers) and a salad. It should feed 4 according to recipe but didnt say 4 what (pixies) . OH was still hungry after it and moaning as only a man can. He kept picking bits off the remainder (had earmarked this for another day) I have threatened to find 2 more fat people so that when it says serves 4 theres none left. |I give up. :wall:

Ahhh my hubby does that too. He complained I was feeding him too much and I should give him smaller portions. So I did and he accused me of starving him! So now I load a lot of my dinner on to his plate. Unfortunately at the moment I'm having tum issues and testing done so not a lot staying down on odd occasions and increasing in frequency. Not bacterial lurgy so something being naughty in the pipe works or allergy/intolerance. As a result I've lost quite a few pounds and had to decrease my portions anyway - always a silver lining!!! :lol: