Ain't Nobody Here

5:2 Fast Diet

After not doing the diet for a few months because of worries that it might be giving me gallstones (which is wasn't ) we, hubby & I, are going back on the diet.

I'm now back up to my heaviest weight so really need to do this. I've got a wedding to go to at the beginning of October so if I could lose a couple of pounds at least I'll feel better for that. We went to a wedding at the beginning of August and I remember looking at the photos and thinking yikes I've piled on the pounds. We are also hoping to go on holiday over Christmas so that is my ultimate goal, to be fitter and leaner so I don't hate myself in a swimming costume. :roll:

Thanks ANH, I was under a lot of stress at the time and had lots going on and it was 'just' stress affecting my stomach.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep on the diet this time. Doing a charity walk in a couple of weeks time too for a local hospice. I definitely need to up my exercising. :?

Ok Fast Diet first day take 2! I really hope that it works this time and I don't end up with any stomach problems.

So far so good, I thought I'd try not eating any breakfast, then have low cal soup for lunch and vegetarian chilli for dinner. Hubby and I used to enjoy that last time and found it quite filling. I've got to add in my 2 cups of tea with milk though. I just can't drink black tea or fruit tea. I don't feel too hungry although I do have the rumblings (not my tummy :lol: ) of a headache brewing.

Need to sift through this thread and the 5:2 website for more food ideas. :D

Well my 2 days went well this week. I found that not eating until about 1.30 ish was better than eating breakfast and then nothing until dinner time. I had a slim-a-soup which was very nice and a boiled egg which filled me up until dinner.

The trouble is today I went and visited a friend and she almost force fed me a scone and clotted cream :oops:

I had lost just over a 1lb this week so hopefully I can be a bit sensible this weekend (we're away at a tournament BUT it is mine and OH's wedding anniversary so I'm not going to be too sensible). :wink::D

I must get back on the straight and narrow, I have lost about 9 lb on the 8 hour diet and feel a lot better for it, but have gained back a couple in the last fortnight. I am going to give 5:2 another go now that the days are shorter. We tend to eat late in the summer because of allotment duties, but in the darker months I think that I could hold out until tea time.

Well done Chic Vic :clap:

OMG OMG OMG I just had to tell somebody (and I know you guys will know how exciting this is :lol: ).

Saw a really nice little black dress (never owned one in my life :oops: ) in Laura Ashley with 50% off. They only had a 12 not a 14 but I thought, what the heck, I'll try it on, it won't fit so I won't feel pressure to buy it...

IT FITTED :dance::dance::dance::dance: . So obviously I had to buy it :whistle: .

I then popped into Next and tried on a semi-dressy long top (to go over leggings) - size 12 - and it fitted too (and was purchased) :dance: .

I'm so happy :P . I haven't been a 12 since a very brief period about 20 years ago!