Ain't Nobody Here

5:2 Fast Diet

I was going to start today, my plan being to have starvation, sorry 'fast', days coincide with the two mornings my little boy has lunch at nursery. However, a combination of chicken related upset and finding a box of Guylian chocolates on top of the kitchen cupboard, foiled my plans.

Wish me luck for Thursday!

Well, Rosie and I have had a week in Greece with my dad; it was all inclusive, so very tempting to eat as much as possible, but I was careful. No fast days but I ate healthily at breakfast time, no lunch then a modest dinner with very little carbs. I haven't put a lot back on, and managed to get to the gym most days... back to fasting though and eating less I think.

Congratulations to everyone losing wieght :dance:

You all seem to be so positive.

I have been doing the 5:2 diet for 8 weeks and have lost 12 lbs. I try not to get too bogged down with calorie counting on my fast days and I survive on endless cups of tea, home made soup and hard boiled eggs, maybe a slice of toast.

I have joined The 5:2 Fast Diet Forum mainly to use its tracker facility which I find is really useful. It's great to see my BMI coming down as well. I find measuring my waist problematic because I'm not sure the tape measure is in the same place each time!

I am hoping to lose another stone.

Another bonus of this diet is the money saved, not only on food but on membership fees to weight watchers and the like.

Sounds like you get good food at work DM. So tempting :!:

Well done everyone for keeping going. Best diet ever :D

I managed to fit in one fast day and I was really surprised to find that I had lost another lb :dance: I am now at my goal weight. Probably not my ideal weight but once you get to a certain age I think that is ok. Too thin and the wrinkles show more. :lol:

I am fasting today, yesterday was a total 'abort'... it was cold and I was tired, and we had a birthday at work, so lots of lovely food including a chocolate mouse cake :roll::oops:

So far today I've just had a tiny bowl of Special K with soft fruit and a coffee, drinking plenty of water and green tea and keeping busy. I will have a wee bit of tzatziki with carrot sticks at lunchtime.

Go for it Sarah, I find that once you start to see results, it's a lot easier.

Thanks - I feel able to do this now :D

I WISH today could be a fast day,but I am working until 7.30 tonight & have to get through a lunch hour too (not to mention all the goodies whizzing past me on the belt)

I have come to terms with the fact that I also need to cut down a bit on non fast days, which is actually much easier now its just myself & the Husband living at home. Until he buys cake & cheese that is :roll::lol: