Ain't Nobody Here

5:2 Fast Diet

I would just like to thank ANH for starting this topic! She posted the originally on the 6th of April and 10 days later I started it. Now nearly 9 months later I have lost an amazing 102.6lb/46.54kg/7 stone 4.6lb! I hadn't heard of this before it was posted here so I cannot thank you enough! smiley-love004.gif

Well done Chickvic - an amazing achievement! I agree with ANH you have worked so hard on this diet, your exercise regime makes me feel exhausted reading it! :wink::D

I have returned to the diet (again) and lost just under 3lb this week which is fab. I now need to get on and start some exercising on top of the dog walking.

I am loosely following this again; I have cut out biscuits, a lot of carbs, sweeter food and any added sugar. I now have either Agave or rice syrup in place of sugar if I just can't bear that food without it. I have a couple of days where I really restrict calorie intake and take to the sushi thing as I love them and they are tasty enough that I feel I've had something good.

Slowly, but it's hard to do a strict version when it's just soooo cold at work and the men are all eating stews and soups.

Well done Chickvic, you must be so proud of yourself and rightly so.

I loosely followed the 8 hour diet for about 8 months last year and lost nearly a stone, and plan to do either that or 5:2 again when there is less chocolate in the house. I would love to be another half a stone or so lighter and I would live my OH to do this too, because I am sure that he is becoming diabetic, but he is currently in denial and eats so much rubbish along with the good sruff that I cook for him, is overweight, a smoker and approaching 50. I would like him to be around for a few more years yet.

Wonderful to hear of folks great weight losses :clap::D I have just restarted this following a total binge over the festive period :oops: Having completed 2 days I now feel more in control and not thinking about reaching for those left over chocolate biscuits and cake from Christmas. As I have a bit of catching up to do and want to shift the weigh asap I was wondering about starting off with alternate day fasting rather than 5:2 Is anyone else doing this?

If OH is away I could always slot in an extra day but I am marking down two days in my diary and sticking to them!

Yesterday went well although I had a quick cup a soup when I got back from dog dancing class as I was a bit peckish. I reckoned I had a few calories in reserve for that.

I am not weighing myself this time but as I had to move into the 'big' trousers from the bottom of the wardrobe I will soon know once I send them back that I am succeeding :lol:

It is really hard if there is lovely food about. Occasionally YS will bring back misshapen cakes or scones from the cafe where he has a part time job. Quite often it is late afternoon when you are at your most vulnerable :oops:

We've had a break (again) as OH has managed to get severe whiplash by falling up the front steps into the house - it's a struggle to get him to eat because the painkillers are making him queasy but he has to eat because of the painkillers!

I really need to start exercising though too - I feel very lazy. :(