Ain't Nobody Here

5:2 Fast Diet

I ate a late supper of ratatouille & a baked egg, which normally does it for me,but it was just a hungry day I guess.

All that warm bread at work didn't help :?

I don't do tea of any kind, & it was too late for coffee - I did however have lots of water & was peeing like Seabiscuit all night :roll::lol:

I'm going to have a break from fasting due to gallbladder problems. Read yesterday that you shouldn't do low calorie diets if you have gallbladder problems as it can make it worse. :( I've not had symptoms for a couple of years but its worse now than it was before. I'm hopefully seeing the doctor this week and will ask what they think.

I was half expecting a flare-up, & sadly it did happen after a few weeks on the plan. It was at work too, where I am in the same seated position for hours on end,so not pleasant at all :(

Would you get the same issues with the 8 hour diet. I have been doing this pretty well for the past could of weeks. It does involve a 16 hour fast daily then an 8 hour eating window, during which you can eat pretty normally, although I find I eat less because I don't feel like 3 meals in that time, so tend to have a good first meal like scrambled eggs on toast and some fruit, then a snack of nuts and fruit or cake a couple of hours later followed by a light evening meal. With it being summer and we are often at the allotment after work until 9 pm I often have a salad for my tea just before 10pm then I don't eat again until 2pm the following day.

It is a more regular eating pattern and I have adjusted pretty well to it which is surprising because I was a breakfast must have person before. I have felt much less bloated over the past couple of weeks and I am beginning to wonder if I am a little lactose intolerant, because I tried a bowl of cereal at lunchtime the other day and felt really sick for a couple of hours afterwards. I used to love my daily bowl of cereal.

I have lost about half a stone by doing this combined with the couple of weeks that I did 5:2. I found that on 5:2 I just dreaded the fast days whereas I don't mind waiting until early afternoon to eat it feels like more of a treat too.

Phil found me some of those seaweed thins and brought them up with him; he said 'a quid for a packet of air!!!!! :shock: '. they wiegh next to nothing and are very thin, they taste lovely if oyu like salty, fishy stuff (which I do) but they don't make me feel satisfied, so I shan't bother getting them again, will stick with almonds I think.

That's incredible, Chickvic :D:clap: . Well done :D . Well done too, Chickencam :D .

Although I'm not officially doing 5:2 any more I'm keeping it close just in case I start putting any weight back on.

One thing I still do though, is not have breakfast (any day) and I think that might just be giving me enough spare calories to allow a few snacks/puddings/etc without gaining weight.

Still got the pot belly though :roll: .

That is basically what I do with the 8 hour diet. I have found that I eat my first meal of the day at between 1 & 2 pm, then eat fairly normally until between 9 & 10pm. I make sure that I eat lids of nutritious food like fruit veg and nuts, but don't worry if I eat the odd treat or have the odd beer or glass of wine.

Well, I am back on the wagon 8) having this week off has made it a lot easier as I'm not surrounded by big men eating loads of lovely food :roll: 2nd fast day today and feeling slimmer already if a bit headache-y. Determined to get one with it and stick with it this time.

Saw LBB today (she's on the Dukan diet) and she looks fantastic - lost loads of weight and her jogger bottoms are in danger of falling off! :lol:

The only thing I'm looking forward to about going back to school on Monday is that fasting is so much easier when I'm at work :lol: .

Ditto! We started in February and have lost over a stone each. I've fallen seriously off the wagon over the summer though, once back at school it'll be much easier to ignore food - being here with two permanently hungry boys hasn't helped my willpower!

Its the only diet I've ever succeeded with, knowing I can have cake tomorrow makes the fast days manageable!

I've found it remarkably easy to get back into the way of this - I haven't eaten breakfast for months now (and don't miss it) and am managing on a couple of bits of fruit plus peppermint tea on my 3 work days. Don't really worry too much about what I eat after work and on non-work days and seem to be keeping my weight stable 8) .