Ain't Nobody Here

5:2 Fast Diet

I never usually eat sushi....do you buy it or make your own? I don't mind the veg ones but not keen on the fishy ones!

I'm on a fast day today. Just pondering my approach for the day...! We're supposed to be having noodles for dinner which I can do with veggies within the cal limit but need to watch my portion control!

Sushi always looks delicious! I used to go to one of those sushi places with the conveyor belt with all the plates going past on it. Totally mesmerizing!

I'm actually really hungry. Going to have a berocca vitamin drink thing, that usually curbs my hunger for a while. The challenge is feeding my daughter and not eating anything myself. :D

I know but previous experience tells me to not eat for as long as possible as it makes me want to keep on eating :? I tried a few times with different approaches.I usually have a snack early/mid afternoon and then hold out til dinner. Hunger pangs have now gone so all's good, just need to keep busy 8)

X

I find that having a drink when I fell hungry really helps, so I am making myself loads of fruit and black teas. I am sort of fasting today, so far I have eaten a banana and a hard boiled egg. I think that my fridge has packed up so I ate the egg because it had already been there since Thursday. We have a broth from boiled beef of yesterday which I will fill with more cabbage and other veg after i have skimmed off the fat, and we will have that this evening after we have been fridge hunting :roll:

I ate the banana this morning because I had to drive to pick p DS after an exam and I didn't feel happy to drive hungry.

I have lost no weight in the past week but I haven't been very good on my eating days, so we will see what the next week brings, I am still 4 pounds down so it is all good.

Good for you LL. I was going to fast today and started with good intentions and a tiny bowl of Special K with some strawberries, but the housekeeper at work had made a lovely chicken curry for lunch, but I only had a wee bit along with the 2 hard boiled eggs that I'd taken in for lunch. Not too bad and I doubt I'll have anything much tonight.

Will try again tomorrow :roll:

I've been reading the book and planning on doing this properly. I did one fast day, (ahem, at the beginning of February), and haven't managed another one since. To be fair, I haven't been feeling all that great, but I WILL start again. Once I've finished this large bar of chocolate... :shameonu:

I felt really cold all day that I fasted - is that something that passes? I feel the cold a lot at the best of time.

(Sorry if I'm asking questions that have already been answered - I haven't read all the way through this thread yet).

Thanks for the encouragement DM. DD's comment when I told her I had lost another lb was "Is that the same lb as last week?" :evil: It is not! While this was happening YS was pulling grey hairs from my head saying I should use a dye :?:( The plus side is that I have kept on track although because my tomatoes have disappeared :shock: I have had to have some cauliflower (for a change :lol: ). Anyway that's me for today. Next fast day Thursday.

CD - I have not felt cold but sometimes get a bit headachy which I have read can happen so I really try to drink a lot of water. That also helps if you have any tendency to constipation. Good luck with the diet :)

Hi All,

Another fast day today and going well so far (a corn thin and a stick of celery have been consumed!)

I decided to weigh myself but think the scales are definitely dodgy (haha, that old chestnut :roll::lol: ) as I got three different readings even though scales on same, hard surface. Wouldn't mind but the variation between tries was almost 3lbs! I don't usually bother with weighing and just go on how I feel, how my clothes feel etc but I think I will invest in new scales just cos I now actually want to know what I weigh :?

Anyhow, I'm doing my fast today as I have been invited to go out for a couple of drinks tomorrow night, quite a rare occurance!

Hope you are all getting on ok xx

Looney, one of my sets of scales was only bought a couple of years ago and looks lovely, all glass and shiny....but like yours varies all the time :evil: The other is old and equally temperamental. This morning I tried on some trousers that could not get anywhere near fastening a while back and today they fitted :D I was sooooo happy. Today is another fast day. I only had a spoonful of cereal this morning and then did not eat anything until dinner which was a low fat prawn cocktail with a tomato, some lettuce (from the cold frame :) ) and cucumber. I did not feel hungry all day and infact could probably have eaten nothing but that would have been a bit silly. This diet really suits me well. DD is planning to start soon too. Hope your day has been ok too :)

That's brilliant LolaLayla.

I've just been cutting portion sizes and carb intake, combined with the odd fast day and it seems to be working well.

While i know roughly what I weigh, I haven't had a set of scales in the house in at least 20 years :? I just go by how the clothes fit and how much blubber I can pinch. :oops:

Great stuff LolaLayla! It's fab when stuff starts to fit again! And yes DM I do the belly pinch test to see how much of a handful I can grab! :lol:

I do feel better in myself, and a bit leaner. Today went well and I didn't feel bad about fasting at all. Had a salad for dinner, really light and refreshing and I really enjoyed it :D

Chickencam, I think this diet is ideal as so flexible to fit around other stuff that crops up. Sorry to hear about your fridge though!

Morning all :D I agree with the flexibility of this, it's why I really like it and I don't feel deprived at all. Another fast day here, weighed this morning and lost another lb so that's 15lb in 4 weeks :dance: still a long way to go but as the weight creeps on over the years I know it's going to take some time to come back off.

That's the reason (well one of them :anxious: ) why I don't weigh myself - I think domestic scales have a fairly large margin for error which is fine most of the time, but when you are actually trying to lose weight can actually be quite worrying (the odd half pound makes all the difference).

I'm having a hungry day today, 10.28 and I'm STARVING, (done three hungry days this week, so think that's probably why it's hard today - I've got the shakes too, so think I may have overdone it this week). Just having a liquorice and cinnamon tea - wasn't convinced to begin with, but it's actually not bad :anxious:

I'm now craving peas, how bizarre is that!!!??? :oops: