Ain't Nobody Here

5:2 Fast Diet

Ate normally yesterday and having another fast day today. I am working tomorrow so thought it best to get it over with before the weekend. I have decided to use the myfitnesspal on my days off to try to have a bit more awareness of what I am eating. This morning I do seem to have lost weight from my waist and my tummy looks flatter...which is always good news. I am feeling a bit sorry for myself though as I had a mole cut out from my leg yesterday and will need to wait for results from that. So I could possibly reach for comfort food :? Being a fast day I won't though!!!

Anyone else fasting today?

Another half stone would be nice. Any more any I'd have to buy loads of trousers in a smaller size so I'm not really wanting that :lol: .

The way you have focused makes that totally do-able :D I seem to lose the focus after about two weeks :( This time I am really trying hard. Nearly at the end of the day and kept to 500 calories :dance: The book club is at my house tomorrow night though and I will need to try hard not to finish off the nibbles etc as after a glass of wine or two I don't care what I eat.

Well today I have eaten nothing yet :shock: I just decided to have a go and see how far I could get. I have enjoyed exploring my collection of fruit and black teas this morning. I am a bit puckish at the moment but have just made another hot drink and I am going to distract myself with some ironing in a minute to see if it passes if not I will have a boiled egg. I am goings to try to avoid making a big thing of this so I am not going to tell my family at the moment, just to see how it goes.

I will give it a try because I really like cauliflower.

I am feeling a bit light headed now but not too bad, I have done loads of ironing, just having another fruit tea and a break. I did ave a normal cup of tea at breakfast time with a splash of milk, but I have very little milk in tea anyway. Other than that only clear hot drinks have passed my lips so far 8)

Well done to all so far :D I lost 6 lb this morning - still a hell of a long way to go :oops: but am finding this so easy. Much easier than any other diet I've ever tried and there's been plenty! I also go all day and eat in the evening. I must admit The Hairy Dieters cookery book has been ideal for this.

I just find myself getting through LOTS of cauli!!!!!

Me too. I bought another one today! I am finding this diet easier than others too. I could probably eat less than the 500 calories but I reckon you may make yourself ill if you were to be too extreme in your calorie reduction :?

Well I made it, pretty easy actually, didn't eat anything from 7.30pm yesterday until just before 7pm today when we had fish and loads of steamed veg, everyone else had chips but not me. Like I said I am not telling family at the moment so OH made me a gin and tonic whilst I was cooking, so it would have been rude not to, it is Friday after all and the tonic was the diet version. I didn't drink it until I had lined my stomach. :wink:

I expected to feel full and uncomfortable after I had eaten but I feel fine, so it looks like this should be a plan, next fast day Monday maybe.

Must admit my non fast day today has consisted of a cooked breakfast, crumpet and cheese, cake and pizza, there has been plenty of fruit and veg in there too, but not really a good follow up to yesterday. I maybe need to do more fasts before I feel less hungry the next day.

I did do plenty of afternoon allotment digging too, so maybe that has offset some of it. :roll:

I did do plenty of afternoon allotment digging too, so maybe that has offset some of it. :roll:

I'm doing a lot of 'extreme weeding' as well and my weight loss always slows - disappointing when attending a slimming group and the only measure of how you are doing is weight loss - but I do lose inches.......I just have to get my head round that ........changing shape is good :)

I feel there is a reduction in fat round my tummy which is good so I am definitely going to continue. I am using myfitnesspal every day now too. I do go over my allowance on non fast days but not by much which I feel is fine. Next fast day Tuesday :) Nice to hear how everyone else is doing :) Sounds like there are some good results from this diet :D