Ain't Nobody Here

5:2 Fast Diet

Second fast day completed yesterday. I woke up hungry so I ate an Oat so Simple sachet made with water 98 calories, I added loads of extra water to it to help with the wallpaper paste texture then it was ok. I was much more hungry overall yesterday and didn't eat my evening meal until 9.30pm so I am glad that I ate breakfast. It is surprising how well you can cope with hunger though especially by drinking plenty. I was at the allotment for 2 hours in the evening hence the late meal, I felt energised but more clumsy than normal.

I can see why they tell anyone with a history of eating disorders not to do this diet, I could see the control side of the fasting being addictive. :?

My evening meal was a small amount of steak and kidney casserole with loads of steamed veg. :drool:

I have been good so far today even weighing my breakfast muesli so that I only ate one portion instead of my usual two :oops: I have been baking my way through my egg glut though so some cake is bound to get eaten before the day is out. :roll:

I am having a fast day today. I started the day with some rhubarb that was in the garden which I microwaved. I like 'tart' foods so it was no problem having it without sugar. For lunch I had half a tub of 'skinny soup' and I plan to have some roast chicken and the now famous cauliflower rice for dinner. I feel my trousers are fitting better so even though I haven't been a total saint on the days off it seems to be making a difference :)

My fasting day too. I had a micro amount of Special K first thing as I had had to get up early and was hungry. I have had the second half of a tub of skinny soup and I am not sure what to have for dinner but there is cauliflower in the fridge to be riced :lol: I really feel I am losing weight from round my waist :dance:

Do you just dry fry the cauliflower rice LL?

I love caulis and fancy trying that as a filling alternative to carbs.

It was Bramble who told me how to cook it. I grate it in the food processor and then microwave it with a little water for a few minutes. It is a good replacement for rice :)

I have a microwave steamer, so could use that. I've only ever heard of dry-frying it.

A micro steamer would work brilliantly DM - I find it's just a bit of a process of elimination to figure out how long your micro takes to cook it how you like it - they do vary a lot - anywhere between about 45 seconds to 4 minutes - but I'd keep checking it after 45 seconds 'til you get to know - I guess it also depends how much you're cooking ...

How does dry frying work then?? :anxious:

Right! My holiday is 3 weeks away and I need to trim off a couple of pounds :roll: I am guilty of overeating at the moment... my excuse is that I work with all men, who eat masses, we get 2-3 meals a week provided at work and the fridge there is always full :roll::oops: I am going to start with a couple of fast days on Monday and Tuesday next week, then just try to watch the portion sizes and the value of what I am eating.

Not sure I would like to do consecutive fast days, the diet does suggest 2 non consecutive days. I did 3 in a 7 day period because I started last Friday then did Monday. Planning ahead I thought I don't want to fast on Bank Holiday Monday, so I did Thursday instead, but not quite so strictly as the previous couple of days. I am trying to eat healthily on my non fast days particularly fruit and veg to try to keep the dreaded constipation at bay :oops: