Snowy

Meet Reggie

The bearded dragon. He seems to have made himself at home quite quickly!

Decided to take up residence on the windowsill so I had to prop up the net curtains so he could sunbathe properly.

IMG_1252_zpsb5119a0f.jpg

IMG_1254_zps736fadcd.jpg

IMG_1253_zps06e5a6d6.jpg

The french doors are OK, but not as sunny in the afternoon:

IMG_1251_zpsd0f6d990.jpg

Likes cuddles:

IMG_1247_zps406a7ec0.jpg

He looks like a very handsome chap. He looks very much at home on the window sill.

DDs boyfriend keeps snakes and chameleons. A couple of weeks ago he brought them into school to show the children and borrowed a bearded dragon for the day. I had not seen one close up until then, it was not as big as Reggie.

Chrissie

Thanks all, we are very happy with him, and hopefully him with us!

He spent a bit of time outdoors today while we fettled the chickens and guinea pigs as the sun was out. He lay on a towel in a large guinea pig cage on the trampoline, out of harms way while we worked. Think he enjoyed a spot of 'real' sunshine! 8)

I visited our local reptile shop today to sus out what they had and if I was doing things properly. When they asked what I had in his viv, I didn't dare admit that I have put a cushion in there as well for him to sleep on at night :oops::oops:

What a handsome chap! His colouring is very like our old Raphael, who we still miss terribly...

http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=85616

Gosh very similar colouring aren't they! So sorry you lost him, what a shame :(

Wow, cool, have your guinea pigs really got a trampoline

:lol: Think they would have a heart attack if I put them on the trampoline! :D

:lol: Not to worry, Reggie has declined the comforts of a cushion at night and prefers to drape himself over his basking log - I have to say it doesn't look very comfortable, but he sleeps like a baby so I guess it must be OK!

His previous owner got him 12 months ago, so he must be about 14 months old.

Did yours brumate last winter?

I must admit I had to google 'brumation'... no mine didn't, but then I guess their vivarium provides a very steady environment (complete with thermostat and what not... my OH likes his electrics!!). They're fairly active all year round in our case!