mollyripkim

Molly my Yorkie collapsed and died this morning

So sorry, what an awful shock for you. We had a little yorkie called Tizzy when I was younger. My stepmother was out walking Tizzy one day and Tizzy collapsed and died while running across a field. Even though it was a shock at the time at least it was quick and she hadn't suffered. RIP Molly.

Oh poor Tizzy, as I have been talking to people it seems to happen more often than I thought. My lovely vet phoned me yesterday and although I cried loads it gave me the chance to talk things through including my worries over poison and that maybe I should have tried mouth to mouth but he didn't think it would have helped. I just feel so helpless and keep worrying that I missed something but she was happily playing just minutes before it happened so we are trying to take comfort in that. My vet said she wouldn't have suffered as it was instant and although its better for them it's harder for owners to deal with when it is so unexpected. The other two are subdued but maybe picking up on my sadness.

Sorry for going on, this has just upset me so much but thank you for all your kindness, it really does help that other people understand.

Totally gutted to hear about Molly. Heart goes out to you all. Yorkies are the most fab little dogs, huge personalities inside little bodies. Sounds like she has had a wonderful life with you and whilst you will be feeling so sad just now I hope the time will come that you will be able to think about the great doggy life she had with you and the rest of her pack. Alli x

So sorry. What an awful shock for you.

Our Cairn died suddenly he went out in the garden for a wee first thing in the morning had a walk around and sniff and died. He had his head in a shrub and I thought there must be something interesting in there as he had been there for a little while as I did the chickens and then I realised he had died.

Chrissie

Oh Chrissie your poor little cairn, what a shock that must have been for you too, did you ever find out what it was. I guess mostly we never know and that makes it hard and having been though it can totally empathise.

Someone gave me the rainbow bridge poem and although it made me cry I found it comforting too.

I know this was a dreadful shock to you and I expect you are still feeling a larger than Yorkie sized space in your home :( however I can say I'm sure that you could not have done anything to help keep her heart going. She obviously went very very fast - good for her but dreadful for you and I'm so sorry. Big big hugs.

I'm even more sure that it was not poison. I had a neighbour in my previous house who poisoned one of my dogs and I can assure you that it is not quick, nor is it symptomless as little Molly's death was. We did manage to save the dog at the time but it had done lasting liver dammage and he died a few months later aged 6.